PDA

View Full Version : Tank Stand

TBR701
11/24/2002, 10:12 PM
Ryan,

Just purchased a 180 gal tank and moving up from my 90 gal. Like the look of your stand and hood. Did you get the info on constructing the stand and hood from somewhere or come up with it on your own?

TBR

rbaker
11/24/2002, 11:47 PM
I came up with it on my own... I'm a fan of Shaker style furniture.

Ryan

TBR701
11/25/2002, 10:15 AM
Ryan,

Are the sides of the stand just 3/4 cherry veneer plywood? I was thinking that I would need more support. Any problems getting into the tank for service, especially towards the back. The way you built the hood looks like it would be easier to service the front glass since the whole front lifts up instead of just the top, but does that make it more difficult to work towards the rear of the tank?

TBR

rbaker
11/28/2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TBR701
Ryan,

Are the sides of the stand just 3/4 cherry veneer plywood? I was thinking that I would need more support. Any problems getting into the tank for service, especially towards the back. The way you built the hood looks like it would be easier to service the front glass since the whole front lifts up instead of just the top, but does that make it more difficult to work towards the rear of the tank?

TBR

TBR701,

No, the sides are solid Jatoba...

I have complete access to the back of the canopy and tank. The hinge on the canopy is 6" back...

HTH,

Ryan