PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Leather Caulerpa

tony
11/22/2002, 05:01 PM
If anyone around the DFW has some they would like to sale, please let me know. I am looking for a handful to start a refug. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Rickeejb
11/23/2002, 12:59 AM
Are you looking for Feather caulerpa? Never heard of leather.

zooqi
11/23/2002, 01:30 AM
Grape Caulerpa, Lettuce Caulerpa, Needle Caulerpa, sawblade caulerpa , fern caulerpa, Caulerpa macro-algae which is form of green seaweed from Australia, (Caulerpa sertularioides ) and what Rickeejb mentioned Feather Caulerpa. There are more but I have not heard of a Leather Caulerpa. Anybody else know or heard of Caulerpa Leather?

tony
11/23/2002, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I did mean "feather" caulerpa

Rickeejb
11/23/2002, 01:38 PM
tony,
I do not have any feather caulerpa, I pulled out all of my caulerpa. But I am getting ready to harvest some Chaetomorpha (spaghetti) macro algae. You are welcome to come by and get a bag of it. It is a great macro, it does not go sexual, by the way feather caulerpa does. It will grow fast and works well in a refugium. Email me if you are interested. I live in Allen. just north of Plano.

Technobuyer
11/24/2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Rickeejb
tony,
I do not have any feather caulerpa, I pulled out all of my caulerpa. But I am getting ready to harvest some Chaetomorpha (spaghetti) macro algae. You are welcome to come by and get a bag of it. It is a great macro, it does not go sexual, by the way feather caulerpa does. It will grow fast and works well in a refugium. Email me if you are interested. I live in Allen. just north of Plano.

Rick,

I wouldn't mind a bag of that myself if you've got enough!

Thanks,

Duane

NewMariner
11/24/2002, 02:05 PM
I do not have any feather caulerpa, I pulled out all of my caulerpa. But I am getting ready to harvest some Chaetomorpha (spaghetti) macro algae. You are welcome to come by and get a bag of it. It is a great macro, it does not go sexual, by the way feather caulerpa does. It will grow fast and works well in a refugium. Email me if you are interested. I live in Allen. just north of Plano

Any chance you got enough for another person?:D Id like to come get some as well:)

Tony

Rickeejb
11/24/2002, 09:42 PM
Yeah I have enough for a couple of bags. I have been putting off pulling it out. And I can wait till you guys want it. I was going to bring it all to the meeting on wednesday but did not get around to pulling it out. Just send a pm to rickjbeau@attbi.com and we will work out when you can get it. I am going to be home all week till thursday morning.

NewMariner
11/24/2002, 09:53 PM
Can you hold a bag for me? Im goin out of town too..will be back Sunday night possibly Monday.

Thanks,
Tony

Rickeejb
11/24/2002, 10:34 PM
Tony,
Just email me when you get back.
Rick

TS
11/25/2002, 01:23 AM
I have some, not much but enough to get ya started.

Bring a cup of live sand and we'll call it even. :)

Travis