PDA

View Full Version : cool water divers in tampa?

luminary
11/21/2002, 09:27 AM
Anyone want to go out this weekend? Posted a thread on it here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129521) if you're interested.

billsreef
11/21/2002, 01:24 PM
Cool water? What are heading up North to my neck of the woods? If so the waters a balmy 44 degrees and your more than welcome to come experience some true cool water ;)

Though I will readily admit I'd rather head down to Tampa and go out with you in some nice warm water ;)

luminary
11/21/2002, 02:36 PM
Man, I grew up on Long Island so I know what you're talking about...Once the water hit 55 we were at the beach....mid 60's is fine for me, but everyone I talk to around here freaks about it!

RicksReefs
11/21/2002, 08:05 PM
posted by luminary
Man, I grew up on Long Island so I know what you're talking about...Once the water hit 55 we were at the beach....mid 60's is fine for me, but everyone I talk to around here freaks about it!
-----------------------------------------------------------
i know what you mean,i'm from mass.
i dive year round with nothing on but
trunks & t-shirt.so lots of solo diving
in the winter.if you make it to the east
coast,give me a shout.lotsa cool reefs
& clearwater.;)

luminary
11/21/2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ricksreef
i know what you mean,i'm from mass.
i dive year round with nothing on but
trunks & t-shirt.so lots of solo diving
in the winter.if you make it to the east
coast,give me a shout.lotsa cool reefs
& clearwater.;)

Well hell, I've just got thing in common with all of you! After leaving NY, my family moved to..you guessed it, South Florida :). I got certified and spent my first few years diving in the Palm Beach area...I've still got family there and get over there occassionally.

RicksReefs
11/21/2002, 08:49 PM
well,i try to dive most weekends,
mostly shore & bridge dives(no more boat),
i go looking for critters(selectively),
so just shoot me a pm or email & we'll
hook up.

max628
11/22/2002, 11:02 AM
Cant, go this weekend. Just got into Tampa extended TDY with the military, but as soon as I get some gear together I would love to do a little diving.