PDA

View Full Version : Assessors and Comets

mal37
11/18/2002, 06:45 AM
I have a 140g reef that is mostly LPS, a few SPS. I was thinking of adding a blue assessor. I have a comet also. The comet is about 4", and doesn't bother anything. I have 5 green chromis and two glod striped maroon clowns. I do not have any other fish, just assorted snails, emerald crabs, pepp. shrimp, and a large cleaner shrimp. I read the assessor article (many times) in Reefkeeping and was curious if you have kept them together, or know of them kept together in what I think is a lightly stocked, large, peaceful tank? No tangs or other big fast fish.

I really enjoy my comet, he flares at me when he decides I'm too close to the tank or to him. He does all the standard comet behaviors. I also love the color of the blues, and they have the same type of habits. If a blue is not a good idea, would another comet work? They are such cool fish, but I don't want to get one if they will kill each other.

hcs3
11/18/2002, 01:20 PM
I read the assessor article (many times) in Reefkeeping and was curious if you have kept them together, or know of them kept together in what I think is a lightly stocked, large, peaceful tank?

no, no personal experience myelf. i don't think the 2 would bother each other. i would worry about a marroon clowns, though. assessors are small and docile, and unable to defend themselves.

2 comets are a possibility, but generally should be added together.

HTH

henry

mal37
11/19/2002, 06:18 AM
Sounds like I need to hold off until the maroons move out then. That's ok, I have plenty of time.....

Thanks for the help.

Adam