PDA

View Full Version : my new tank!!!

R_Hudson
12/31/2007, 07:09 PM
Well my lFS has decided to go out of business on me. But they were having a huge sale so i decided to upgrade. I got a 30 gal oceanic open top cube with stand, Marineland Penguin 150 power wheel bio filter, and an Aqualight delux series 96w 50/50 overhead light all for 300 bucks. however i still need sand and rock and eventually transfer everything from my 12g into it. can anyone give me any suggestions on other things i need, or livestock suggestions. Thanks for you comments.

Bursa
12/31/2007, 07:12 PM
Forget the power filter and go with a HOT protein skimmer, perhaps the AquaC Remora.

R_Hudson
12/31/2007, 08:22 PM
I may do that at a later time right now i am on a bit of a budget. the one question that i have is the light...maybe its because i am used to my aquapod with 3 switches one for my daylight lights one for my actinic and one for my moonlight leds. the new light has one switch that controls both day and actinic lights is that going to hurt anything or am i confusing everyone?

R_Hudson
12/31/2007, 09:59 PM
i do have another question. I have a decent sized piece of tonga branch in my current AP12 that i am wanting to incorporate but i am wanting to do Figi Rock How much should i use?