PDA

View Full Version : Crocea question...

Toygrr
12/31/2007, 03:36 PM
I got my crocea about a week ago today, and hes doing great (or so i think) under my 250w Halide. But my only concern is his "Foot", i think it came off because i saw the frilly stringy appendages that attach him to a rock come off. There was a small thick white cartalidge like thing with the appendages coming off of it, a couple of the appendages attached to the side of his own shell, i removed it and forgot to photograph it before i threw it away. And im sure i didn't rip it off or anything, it basically just came off right away.

Sooo...I think this is bad, i heard it kills baby clams when their foot comes off, but i also heard that in some cases it can be fatal. Is there anything i can do at this point?I mean, hes a pretty specimen :P Purple with neon-blue spots :)

And if you need pics of just him ill post as requested.

nietzsche
12/31/2007, 04:01 PM
it probably just dropped it but itll secrete new ones when it's on top of something and likes the area. if youre acclimating it to the lighting leave it on the sand bed for a week or so and slowly raise it up higher if you want to or if its losing its color. you can place a small rock underneath it by burying the rock in the sand and then putting the clam on top of that area or maybe a frag disk and itll attach to it eventually

my little maxima just dropped his because it didnt like the spot it was in

NanoReefWanabe
12/31/2007, 04:23 PM
mine dropped it foot a little while ago...(little 2.5" clam) and since moving him higher and more protected has grown a new one..

Toygrr
12/31/2007, 05:03 PM
ok thanks, yeah mines 2", and i posted this in the bivalve section, again thanks for responding!