PDA

View Full Version : November Meeting

chriss
11/15/2002, 03:13 PM
Stuart,
I wanted to volunteer my house for the next meeting if you're interested. Maybe we can trade some frags??

Let me know,
Chris

Stuart
11/16/2002, 08:10 AM
Sounds great. Business meeting are rather irregular but maybe we can stir up some interest for next month. We usually hold the business meeting on the weekend before the monthly meeting. This would be the 14 or 15 of Dec.

I'll try to start this discussion when I call everyone this weekend (to remind them of the meeting this week) and it can be discussed on Wednesday.

Meeting attendance has been rather low since this summer (everyone wants to keep in touch but many of us have conflicts). Maybe this will give attendence a boost.

Stuart

chriss
11/16/2002, 09:15 AM
Okay. This is one way I'll be able to attend the regular meeting :p

Here's a thought... Make it a potluck (or BBQ depending on the weather) on a Saturday or Sunday and invite the spouses & children.

Chris

chriss
11/16/2002, 09:18 AM
How's your tank coming along? Have you added anything to it yet?

Stuart
11/19/2002, 07:46 PM
Spouses and children are always welcome.

My tanks doing fine. Algaes are slowly fading (I bet someones tang would love the stuff I throw away every couple of weeks). Since we talked I added a couple of $5 acro frags that doing well. I've also got a new bicolor blenny in my Q tank.

Stuart

unclemarkiesreef
11/27/2002, 01:11 PM
Stuart,
How did you acclimate your bicolor blennie?

Stuart
11/27/2002, 10:51 PM
I simply gave him 6ish ounces of tank water every 15 minutes or so until the sal. and ph of the bag and tank were about the same. I bet he'll have fun in the display tank, he looks kinda board in the Q tank. I'll let him go this weekend... it will be 14 days with no signs of problems. The only thing I'm worried about is the BTA.. I'll give it a big chunk of food before I release the blenny and hope for the best.

The Q tank water originated from the display tank so acclimation should be quick and easy.

Have a good Thanksgiving,
Stuart

celticht32
12/02/2002, 09:24 PM
so when is the next meeting... I should hopefully be back in town around the middle of the month... sheesh busy busy busy...

chris

chriss
12/02/2002, 11:11 PM
Stuart,

Are we having the December meeting at my house? If so, would need to know day to prepare :)

christina

celticht32
12/05/2002, 06:26 PM
anyone want to make a decision.. lol...

Ice and snow does not make a happy reef keeper...
8" of snow in DC right now... and more snow next week...
geee greaaaaaaaaaat

chris