PDA

View Full Version : Anemones under 24g AP stock lighting??

shorjai
12/30/2007, 12:01 AM
happie holidays......... aniwaiz i am wondering is there any kind of Anemones i can keep under my 24g nano Aquapod with the stock lighting, which is 64W PC. i am really into Anemones lately. LMK

thanks

happie holidays

NanoReefWanabe
12/30/2007, 12:10 AM
No.

All of them rely heavily on photosynthesis...and will bleach badly under 64W of light...

Bare minimum for these animals is 150MH or equivalent T5HO, which might not be obtainable in that small a tank...

also with the exception of Stichodactyla Tapetum...(mini Carpet Anemones) all will get too large for a nano tank....unless that is ALL you plan on keeping in the tank..

D to the P
12/30/2007, 12:18 AM
well that is under 3 watts per gallon so there is going to be very few anemones that will do well in your tank. I do not think any photosynthetic ones like bubble tips, or sebae, or condys will do well at all, but you might be able to get a curlique anemone. It kinda looks like a big glass or aptaisia, but nicer, and they are carnivorous so you get to feed them shiners and shrimp and stuff. Other than that I'd say no.

douglam
12/30/2007, 12:34 AM
not going to happen no matter how hard you try

D to the P
12/30/2007, 01:03 AM
I have seen many anemones kept under PC. Ofcourse there are some, like carpet anemones, that will do better under MH, but I wouldn't make a sweeping generalization that all anemones need that intense of lighting. 5 watts per gallon takes care of many species of anemones like the long tentacle and rock anemones. General rule of thumb, if it's brownish- it's not doing a lot of photosynthesis.