PDA

View Full Version : anemone in a nanocube 12 gal deluxe???

bgcook
12/28/2007, 07:52 PM
has anyone had any success with keeping an anemone in a standard 12 gal nano cube deluxe??? i have a mated pair of clown fish that would love a home.

zma21
12/28/2007, 09:47 PM
Well, i'm sure there has been success, but i sure as hell wouldn't do it.

If for some crazy reason I decided to, i'd be sure that there was no coral in there since in the small tank of your and my nanocube, it is in stinging territory.

Illuminati
12/28/2007, 09:53 PM
Not enough light, IMO for an anenome not to mention the small lack of space.

Clowns don't NEED hosts but if you want to I would try a hammer, frogspawn or torch coral instead.

Buster4900
12/28/2007, 09:54 PM
I have had a bubble tip anemone in my 12 gallon nanocube deluxe about 9 months, no problems. He moved around for a few months and has settled down in a nice spot since. The tank has two clowns that love the anemone and is filed with soft coarls.

RBTA
12/29/2007, 01:24 AM
BTAs would be the best bet, but in the longterm run it would be bad. BTAs can and will easily 8-10" inches and can out grow the twelve gallon. I do not know the kind of lighting the 12gal deluxe has, so I won't comment on that.
Plus anemones tend to wander and need very stable conditions and a mature tank.
IMO in that size tank a frogspawn or something of the like would be much more suitable, and clowns can use it as a host as well. And as mentioned before, clowns do not need an anemone for a host.

bgcook
12/29/2007, 12:01 PM
thanks for the replys i didn't think their would be an anemone that would be suitable for a 12 gal tank. i actually have a rose bubble tip in my 120 reef.

i was wondering if a condy or long tentacle anenome would be ok. the pc are 2x24 pc with dual 10k and actinic.

bgcook
12/29/2007, 12:01 PM
in addition: the reason i ask about the condy's is that i had two in an old fowlr with pcs that did very well.

SNAKEMANVET
01/01/2008, 12:20 PM
I have a flower anemone in my stock nano dx, it has grown to about 6'' across. They don't host clown fish. I agree with the others a bta is not really a good choice for a 12 gallon nano.