PDA

View Full Version : Treating ich on a small scale/small fish

cabbage0709
12/28/2007, 11:19 AM
Heres the scoop:

So ive been away from my tank for the past few weeks, but only a few days (2-3 tops) at a time. Yesterday when i checked on it i noticed that my 6 line wrasse had a few little white spots on him. First thing that came to mind was Ich.

Now ive done some reading on the disease treatment forums here on RC and saw that the most common treatment was soaking your food in garlic. But these all were for bigger fish. Mostly tangs.

Currently i am feeding just flake and pellet food, with the occasional krill left over from feeding my anemone and green fungia. The flake food that im feeding says that it has garlic in it, "As an added bonus!" (yeah...)

Anyways, what i was wondering was how i would go about treating smaller fish in a smaller system. Im thinking it would just be the same procedure, am i wrong about this? Also what kind of various foods would you suggest feeding my fish? I have two clowns and a wrasse and i though about varying their diet this next semester because i am getting into the hobby a lot more and becoming more knowledgable about the little world i have created. (Thanks to RC of course! ;))

Thanks!

-Sven