PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the 28g Nanocube HQI

Illuminati
12/25/2007, 12:02 AM
The Marine Depot order was to good to pass up. Worried the special might vanish after Christmas so I bit the bullet and ordered it (Merry X-mas to myself).

https://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~JB7235.html

So owners of this tank what are some must do Mods for the system?

Upgrade the pumps to MJ900's?

Anyone have this stand? If so how is it?

Chemi-Pure and Purigen are my friends, gotta add those to the back.

I plan on swapping out the bulb with my Phoenix 14K which is in my Sunpod right now.

Stocklist I'm thinking of:
Blackcap Basslett (Only fish on the list I have)
B&W Clowns
Cardinalfish
Helfrichi

Corals from my 24:
Ultimate Frags Blue Milli
Phonape Birdsnest
Tubs Birdsnest
Purple w/ Yellow Tipped Birdsnest
ORA Green Polyp Birdsnest
Toxic Green Milli
Orange Digi
Red Digi
Purple Cap
Green w/ Blue Polyp Cap
Purple Bonsai
Superman Digi x 2

If anyone has pictures of their 28g nanocube HQI's please feel free to post them.

jakehole2021
12/25/2007, 09:25 AM
I don't currently have a 28g HQI, but I have been thinking about getting one in the near future. Thanks for brining to my attention this great deal! I think I might take them up on their offer.

sl-atl
12/26/2007, 12:55 PM
We are seriously thinking about buying one too- this would be my Christmas present from my wonderful wife. :) It includes 2 pumps, and a wavemaker as well as a small protein skimmmer- a pretty good deal since MD is throwing in the stand!

Since this is a full hood, my one concern is if the 4 fans can handle the heat load from the lamp and ballast... ???

Illuminati
12/26/2007, 01:01 PM
The back chamber are open to the air though and if you check out Dr. Foster and Smiths website they sell Azoo Fans. I have one currently that keeps the temps down in my 24g nanocube and plan on rigging up the fan on the new system. I have a Reefkeeper 2 running the fan (along with the pumps, lights, etc....)

sl-atl
12/26/2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks! Good to know.

Does anyone have pictures? :-)