PDA

View Full Version : need flora/fauna for new refugium

sterbrock
11/13/2002, 10:42 AM
live in St. Charles, starting new refugium and need flora/fauna. Willing to pay$$$. Let me know if interested. Have CaribSea sand and miscellaneous rocks to swap if that is the best way to transfer plants and critters. Thanks.

jmilt
11/13/2002, 09:49 PM
You should come to the SEASL meetings. A few members bring macro to the meetings to give away, and I know I could give you some too. One mans trash is anothers treasure:)

Jason

sterbrock
11/14/2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info. I just found this site and have been reading a lot about them. I am getting on a few mailing lists to find out more and get schedules of meetings. Thanks.

TooFar2Sea
11/14/2002, 10:49 AM
I have some macro algae (grape) that I could share with you. As for the fauna, I ordered an assortment of worms, bugs, and tiny starfish from an online vendor. It is hard to get them locally unless you just happen to get lucky with hitchhikers.
Let me know if you are interested in the macro.

dela
11/14/2002, 05:53 PM
Opps! Last night I threw out a whole bucket full of all kinds of macros. They are starting to drive me nutz! But at the rate the junk is growing you can have some very soon!

I have to zap my tank so I don't want to share anything till I do, but you are welcome to some macro after that.

Let me know if you are intersted so I can save you some. I've had about 20 types of macro in my tank (no kidding) and am left with only about 5 types. So needless to say, they are pretty hardy. Apparently even I can't kill them! :D

Also, I have lots of bugs & worms and stuff. My tank can best be described as a refugium with coral frags. ;)