PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Make It Through Ok???

Legion
11/11/2002, 03:02 AM
What a night huh?

Watched all the storms all night up in north central, then got really sketchy about 12:30 am here, one passed just north of us ( by a couple miles ). Was wondering if everyone made it through ok?

Brad Gardner
11/11/2002, 11:38 AM
Turned out to be non-event at my place. Around 9:00 I did some practice power outages to test the level in my sump by unpluging pump. Got the correct level. Also was searching for batteries to run battery powered air pumps. But I had no power outages...just lost some sleep.

Legion
11/11/2002, 02:31 PM
Glad to hear Brad,

Looks as if some up north were not as fortunate. It was fairly calm here, but we were watching the storms especially that first one that from what I heard may have been a large F3 or small F4, that went through walker county. Around 12:30 went downhill here fast, one came out of centerville and just missed us. Crazy night. I used to live in hurrican alley for many years though its much different then being here in tornado alley there are many similarities. Just glad to hear you are ok. :)

edsiajb
11/11/2002, 03:16 PM
Well...I think my fish are all fine but my car was damaged by the hail (sniff, sniff). My wife's van was spared because it was in the body shop being repaired from a recent accident! Thank God for insurance.

Brad Gardner
11/11/2002, 03:30 PM
The three amigos live!!! Now it's time to go a clubbing. Should some of meet before the offical meeting to shore up dates, times, flyers, web site, etc?

Legion
11/12/2002, 12:25 AM
The three amigos live!!!
:D

Jonathan,
Sorry to hear about the car.

Well you guys from my vacation GFCI problems I have lost pretty much everything :( some corals were reaching the 3 year mark too. Only thing left is my Falco hawk, watchman, pyjama cardinal.
Only 1 clam, my squamosa made it. Im trying hard to keep the sand polyps, 4 of 9 ricordias, & seaman leather alive. The clam looks ok but the 3 corals im not holding my breath for.You know you read and read and learn all you can to care for your animals and something stupid and uncontrollable like this happens.Needless to say my wife dosent even want to be around me at the moment ive been so ****ed about the whole thing.On the positive side if it can be called that, went through and totally cleaned everything powerheads, skimmer, heaters,,etc.... of all coraline( even scraped everthing off all glass ) going for a new start. Got new sand and finally got my DSB deep. Its one thing if I had caused a crash but the way this happend just burns me:mad: ,,,,,sorry venting.

Anyhow meeting is in order let me know when , this sun I cant though.