PDA

View Full Version : This is too funny.

fishinchick
11/09/2002, 11:27 AM
:lmao:
We DO have a forum. Wonder why nobody at the club ever mentioned it.

argi
11/09/2002, 08:42 PM
Adrienne,
I didn't realize that there was one here until they mentioned it in the people from So Cal thread. I went to this part, but there were no posts. I agree this is a good forum to use.

argi
(aka Keith)

lakerfan
11/09/2002, 09:32 PM
Let's see how many people from SCMAS we get to post in this thread!

I was actually the one who gave RC our club name and description about a year ago, and at that time it was decided that we stick to the current Yahoo! Message board. I do have to agree that this is easier to read.

Ben

lakerfan
11/09/2002, 09:37 PM
:D

fish_who?
11/09/2002, 10:23 PM
Just wanted to say

WAZZZZZZUUUUPPPPP!!!! I totally forgot about this forum. obviously because no one ever uses it. Ben whats up with that page for trading/looking for corals for members?

fishinchick
11/10/2002, 01:48 AM
Hey Ben!! Missed ya at the LA meeting friday! Was hoping you and Drew would show up. It was too mellow with only Tony making his funny comments. Looking forward to this friday :D

I like the direct email thing on the yahoo board, but its irritating to go back and try to find an older thread. I live at RC anyway... between here and RC chat that is.

Come on SCMAS ROLL CALL!!
Lets see who all is lurking on RC here!!
Uh, can I be 'Annette' ??
:D

reefingisgr8
11/10/2002, 06:14 PM
Hey guys just adding my name to this roll call to see just how many of us lurk here at RC.

Henry:D

argi
11/10/2002, 06:17 PM
Hey Ben...How is that fish your GF bought you doing? Did not want to mention type of fish so you wouldn't get in trouble:p .

Hey Adrienne (or should I start calling you Annette)..How was Scott's talk at MASLAC? I really wanted to go, but with the rain the normally 2 hour drive would have turned into a 3 hour drive..just wasn't worth it.

argi

argi
11/10/2002, 06:36 PM
Hey Henry..hows the 10 gallon nano coming along? Hope the leathers are doing well for you.

argi
Keith

fishinchick
11/10/2002, 10:35 PM
Hey Keith!
Scott was great. He's a very funny guy!!
Weather was awful. It took us a while to get from the Inland Empire to the meeting too but it was totally worth it!!!

Don't forget folks!! Meeting this Friday!!
;)
See ya all there!

Guru_Del
11/10/2002, 11:33 PM
Hey all,

I am new to reefing and am setting up a nano (15) So far so good but I was wondering how to join scmas? I live in Southern OC.

Thanks,
Vince

argi
11/11/2002, 12:59 AM
Hey Vince,
Visit the clubs web site www.scmas.org for all the info as far as were the meetings are held (very easy to get there, take the 5 North to 17th Street exit. Make a right onto 17th street. You will see an IHOP on the left side. We meet in the backroom of the IHOP). When you come up to the meeting just talk to one of the club officials and they will help you out with joining.

The upcoming meeting is this friday (11/15) and the speaker will be Julian Sprung. This should be a great meeting.

argi

Brittlestar
11/11/2002, 03:53 AM
The real reason to use the Yahoo group (SCMAS) is that's the official club message board. Club info gets published & communicated there. If you don't belong to that group or check it on a regular basis, you won't get news about club happenings.

I would suggest that it's best to stick to one venue for club communication (i.e. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCMAS/).

Cheers,
Jerry

fishinchick
11/11/2002, 03:09 PM
Vince and I are proof in the pudding. If it wasnt for Reef Central I would not have known that SCMAS existed. I totally disagree and think I'll continue using both boards. Information gets passed from the yahoo message board to me via my yahoo email which is fine. I dont like to try to sort thru how Yahoo has their message board setup. Its irritating and messy.

lakerfan
11/12/2002, 01:19 PM
Hey Keith, I thought we said that we were sworn to never talk about that fish ever again!:D

I've moved it to a friends tank where the fish has more room to grow, and it's FAT!

***Now putting on my flame retardant suit***

just to let you all know, my GF bought me a yellow tang for my 10 gal nano. Tang Police =>:uzi: :eek2: <=Ben I couldn't say no, and I figured that I would keep it for a couple of weeks to make her happy, then give it to a friend who's been wanting a Yellow tang.
Well the tang was a little more than happy in my gracillaria (red tang haven) infested tank. It got really fat for two weeks and then I moved it to my friends 90.

So yes I kept a tang in a 10 gal and yes I knew I wasn't supposed to do it, but it's still alive and happy so to Keith and Anthony:wildone:

Eric Boerner
11/12/2002, 01:39 PM
I would have to agree, the Yahoo! forums are a hurt to the eyes, and can be a pain in the rear with the fullpage advertising as well. On the flip side, RC can bogg down with as many visits as it gets.

As mentioned before, if it wasn't for RC, I would not have known about an local clubs in the area. Both MASLAC and SCMAS websites are impossible to find doing a search on search engines.

It would be nice if these forums we're used more often, so new reefers/aquarists in the area knew about the clubs. More members means better meetings. ;) As it is now, it looks like the clubs are defunked when there is no active discussion here.

argi
11/12/2002, 05:55 PM
Ben..I made sure I didn't mention the type of fish it was:D . I bet it was happy with all that nice fresh food though. I figured with the fish it was a perfect time to upgrade tank size:p .

Cya @ friday's meeting

Keith

sharkdude
11/18/2002, 02:27 PM
Hey all, just checking in for SCMAS roll call.

I visit Reef Central about twice a day (hey no cracks about government workers and taxpayer cash! I limit my visits to breaks.)

I attribute my knowledge base and successs in large part to the community here at Reef Central.

Julian Sprung was cool on friday. Great shots of mangroves in wild as well as some unique setups incorporating them. Also great discussion of coral pests and diseases. He was also cool enough to sign my Reef Aquariums Volume One (eventhough his pic on back reflects a significantly greater amount of hair than he has now; Heavy Metal Reefers Rock! ;-)

later,
chris

Pelagic1
11/18/2002, 02:51 PM
I'm here, but just barely, I'm a rookie chatter, poster, etc.

I have been using other areas of RC extensively though and will try to get up to speed in this area too.

Take care,
Mark

Hawkdl2
11/18/2002, 11:56 PM
Mark,

Welcome. You're going to have to watch the "speeding" though, some of the local posters on this board are in law enforcement. :D

Larry

tentacle
12/01/2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Brittlestar
The real reason to use the Yahoo group (SCMAS) is that's the official club message board. Club info gets published & communicated there. If you don't belong to that group or check it on a regular basis, you won't get news about club happenings.

I would suggest that it's best to stick to one venue for club communication (i.e. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCMAS/).
This was what one of the MASLAC representatives stated as well. It's a shame though, as those Yahoo boards well...for lack of a better word, suck.

And as far as getting notifications, all you need to do is subscribe to the thread(s) here you're concerned with (check the "Email notification" box). RC will email you a notification when any subsequent postings are posted on your chosen threads.