PDA

View Full Version : December Mtg - 12/14 7pm

boviac
12/05/2007, 04:08 PM
Greeetings All,

Here's a reminder about the meeting on Friday of next week.

For those that may not be aware: Round Table Pizza, Almond Orchard Plaza, off Pillsbury Rd, Chico, California. at 7pm.

This will be more of a social meeting ouside of some brief formalities. Please feel free to use this meeting as an opportunity to bring frags of your overgrown corals, or grab an few handfuls of that overgrown macro algae. Also feel free to coordiante swaps between members if you've discussed something you'd like to share. Lots of free time.

I think to shake things up depending on how many people, after the formal part, we'll start off by having everyone state their name, online alias, and what they want for christmas. Then go talk to someone you havent talked to yet at the club for say 3 minutes. Your job will be to find out as much as you can about the other person.

After that, we might be ready for membership dues and membership cards, as well as enjoy what food and drink you have procurred or shared, and enjoy the season's holidays and year-end with fellow reefers who enjoy the same niche hobby as you. Before we depart, we'll discuss the January meeting agenda so keep that in mind to host a tank viewing, and what you'd like to have as future presentations.

-Chris

iairj84
12/05/2007, 05:02 PM
Man it's coming up sooner than I thought! I'll be there this time and hopefully can get some of that overgrown macro from someone :D I'll also be ready to pick up a few frags if people have some that they want to give up. With Christmas I won't be able to buy too much but can always find money for new stuff!

Sounds like a good agenda!

kinghokus420
12/05/2007, 07:08 PM
i will have a few bags of chaeto

iairj84
12/05/2007, 10:35 PM
Sweetness! I would offer up some frags or something in return but I don't have any yet. I'll keep you in mind though if there's ever something you want.

boviac
12/05/2007, 11:48 PM
Just to make things clear, the meeting is not this Friday, Dec 7 but next week, Dec 14. I am usually the one who would make this mistake but just in case there are any others... Here's your sign. :D

iairj84
12/06/2007, 03:07 AM
So.... No raffle this month :(

Twisted
12/08/2007, 04:24 AM
I was actually going to bring some frags, but found some flatworms in my tank last week, another case, of learn from others and quaruntine your stuff guys.

No idea where exactly they came from, but they are the common ones, I ordered a new version of flat worm exit from another company to test, so I should start treating it this weekend once I am sure everything is balanced, and I have a couple of back up plans if things go bad.

Anyways I will see you guys in a week.

kinghokus420
12/08/2007, 11:47 AM
i believe i have a few interceptor tabs too if you need them. or was interceptor for red bugs? i forget. anyways, if you find that you need it i've got it.

Underwaterparadise
12/09/2007, 08:00 PM
Interceptor is for Red Bugs! Rather then using FWE try a Six Line wrasse,phycadelic goby or yellow damsels. I have had great luck with these fish eating them! IMO they are impossible NOT to get in a reef tank!

I am going to try and make the meeting but not sure yet, Holidays are hectic.

Twisted
12/09/2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info Rob, six line wrasse would get his butt kicked by my infamous strawberry basslet. A mandarin I am not sure about, I may have to look. Damsels are a no no for me, well other then clowns...

iairj84
12/13/2007, 02:07 PM
Anyone bringing any frags? I've only got $20 or so available for frags this week but would like to get a couple if people have any... I need some color in the tank... Preferably something with blue or red? it doesn't really matter.

boviac
12/14/2007, 12:19 PM
MTG TONIGHT:D :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3:

kinghokus420
12/14/2007, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately i wont be able to make it tonight. both girls are sick and i really shouldnt be taking them out.

Twisted
12/14/2007, 02:17 PM
I think Matt, my wife and myself will be there. See you all tonight!

iairj84
12/15/2007, 12:43 PM
Good meeting guys,
It was nice meeting most of you and talking with you guys, some of it was a little over my head right now but thats ok :D

I wish I could've made it to reef connections for special deal but I had made a promise to be somewhere at 8:30.. Silly women

boviac
12/17/2007, 04:49 PM
Wow! Sorry if some things went over your head. Please stop us and have us explain the word, acronym, concept, or topic better. That's one of the main purposes of the club: to educate. So please anytime in the future stop us and pick our brains. Last thing we want is anyone going home from our meetings more confused than when they came.:( :rolleyes: :rollface:

Or feel free to come up to one of us later and ask. Please do not leave with the misunderstood item.

iairj84
12/17/2007, 07:19 PM
No, you guys werent rude or anything for talking about the stuff.. the main things I was a little confused about were when you guys were talking about the skimmers and my knowledge on them is marginal at best. I was picking up on things you guys said and didn't feel left out of the conversation. It just brought up things that I hadn't even thought of and I actually checked out a lot of stuff that I didn't know reading online and what not...

I definately learned things even though some were over my head... it was more talking about certain skimmers and how to adjust and what not, and the only reason it wasn't making sense was because I hadn't seen one before... Not a problem at all, I didn't mind not knowing :)

I will definately ask a question if it's something I didn't know or didn't quite make sense to me. Thank you for the concern though, I truly apreciate it and it makes this club more personal than some of the larger ones.

On another note I'm really looking forward to hearing you share about plumbing and overflows next month. I have actually been fixing some plumbing today due to a defective bulkhead and have it all fixed up now (hopefully.)

You guys have been really helpful in the setting up of my tank and I really apreciate it :)