PDA

View Full Version : Fins And Critters

Reefgeek1
12/04/2007, 12:29 AM
Hello salt water hobbiests. Lenny here!!!!! Just sitting back and checking out all that is being said in the forums. Yes I was bought out of OA by my choice, needed to move on and start something new, So here I am at Fins and Critters. It's a full line pet store, formally known as CD's Pet Emporium. Under new ownership, coming in February 2008 we will be done with an amazing fish department, along with continued great customer service, or BS as someone stated, boy that BS really helped a lot of people out huh, regardless you can stop in any time my friend....... We are currently starting to sell pre-mixed salt water, R/O water and most of the dry goods needed. Every week we are adding new stock to the store and look forward to seeing all of the familiar faces we had come accustom to seeing. Everyone who had followed Charles and myself, you can rest assured that we will continue to serve the Central Coast with the finest salt water fish and corals. The new address for Fins And Critters is 4854 S Bradley road #B in the Oak Knolls shopping center. The phone number is (805) 934-6690.

Lenny

SolidDetail808
12/04/2007, 12:14 PM
So how big of a system are you building? Will you have the same type of corals that you had at OA? You had the best selection of corals. I got some good ones at OA after you left for real cheap.

Reefgeek1
12/04/2007, 04:49 PM
We are going to have much of the same as we did at OA, however we are also going to be going big scale online with more of the exotic corals. We are also going to be doing a lot of in house fragging, meaning we are going to have a dedicated frag system. Our goal is to have everything from beginning to advanced for everyone. I had started a reef club at OA and had a couple of meetings which we are going to be getting going again too.

Being that we are now a full line pet store, we just want to be able to service everyone with the best that we can offer.

Dave, Charles and myself as you know are salt water guys, so that is what we are going to be pursuing more of, we just want everyone to come, hang out, and have a great time and talk aquatics. Good Times huh!

em805
12/05/2007, 05:36 PM
Sounds exciting, maybe you will finally start to up your rare sps collection to peek collectors interest in the area, such as myself. Good to hear you are still around and as for pricing you always needed a dedicated frag farm tank to keep your prices competitive with the online ordering companies, so maybe it will happen for you at Fins.

Also, I did enjoy the reef club meetings you held--although they lacked substance partially due to relying on outside vendors. Hopefully you will be able to use the talent available to you to help others be succesful in the long-run inside this hobby.

Keep us posted with the progress, maybe even throw in some nice pictures :). Good luck, Eli.

Owen2thebank
12/08/2007, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the update Lenny. Its a big move for you and the reef community. The community can only benefit from a new/improved shop. I'll stop in when I am in Orcutt next. (I assume you are in the former Orcutt CDs, not the CDs in SM on Main Street.)

CAreefer
12/09/2007, 12:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11309538#post11309538 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefgeek1
The new address for Fins And Critters is 4854 S Bradley road #B in the Oak Knolls shopping center. The phone number is (805) 934-6690.

Lenny

:D