PDA

View Full Version : brittle star hitchhiked in....

juliedealer
04/30/2000, 12:16 PM
...with some new rock this week. At this point all I have are some
snails,
2 peppermint shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
sebae
unidentified long,white tentacled anemone, with pink tips
assorted polyp
mushrooms

edit:
and a bumper crop of aiptasia

will it cause a problem?

[This message has been edited by juliedealer (edited 04-30-2000).]

Pikaboo
04/30/2000, 12:24 PM
There's really nothing wrong with brittle stars... I have one that hitch hiked with one of my acroporas. He moves from one acro to the next... but doesn't hurt anything. There are some acropora crab inside each acro... and they're still alive and well.

As for your unidentified long, white tentacled anemone.... be careful that it might be aptasia. Hope your peppermint takes care of those.

Doug1
04/30/2000, 12:45 PM
Brittle star should be fine, the green ones can get quite large and go after fish if not fed well, though I never had a problem with mine.
The white tentacled pink tipped anemone may be a condylactis, less light demanding but rarely hosts fish. Messy if they decide to check out :eek:
enjoy,

------------------
Reef as though your life depended on it, yours might but the sea's does.........Doug ReefCentral/ReefTank moderator

Bamm Bamm
05/02/2000, 09:22 AM
I have a condylactis and it actually hosts a sebae clown but I don't really recomend that because the anenome tends to shrviel and then back to full size alot and the fish tends to beat it up when it is shriveled may be bad for them but they are cheap to replace....Dan

------------------
46 gallon bow front, 2 percula clowns, 1 golden head sleeper goby, 3 scissor tail gobies, 28lbs live rock, 40 lbs live sand, penguin 330 biowheel, Aquaclear 402 powerhead, CPR Bak Pak II w/preskimmer, also Q.T. Tank-Eclipse 6 with, 6 lbs live fiji sand, 3 lbs live rock, 1 coral beauty