PDA

View Full Version : Algae

AzaZeL
11/27/2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, I have a relatively new AP 12g. It has been up for about 2 months. I am having some algae issues. My inhabitants are two false perc and a CUC consisting of 2 trochus snails, two scarlet legged hermits and one blue legged hermit. The snails and hermits do great on the rockwork and the glass but they don't touch the algae that is on the sand. Any suggestions as to what I can get to resolve my algae issue on the sand? I know I can turn the lights off and it will die, but I want something that will handle cleaning the sand as well as the rock/glass. What about Cerith/Nassarius snails? Thanks

-Az

SPARTAN VI
11/27/2007, 04:20 PM
Hrm, my scarlets are always digging through the sand.

NanoReeferWanabe's Strawberry Conch does exactly what you want though as he mentions in this thread: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1258261

I did a couple searches for a store that carries these, but didn't have any luck.

scottydo
11/27/2007, 06:06 PM
Hmm, I have a 29 and added 15 turbo snails and 15 or so blue legged hermits. I don't know if they have touched the sand either but it starting to subside.