PDA

View Full Version : fuge in BC29?

ReefCresteds
11/26/2007, 09:29 AM
Hi. So I've decided that I want to add a chaeto to my 2nd chamber in my Bio Cube 29.
So has anyone done that and if so what did you do for lights over the chaeto? With the standard hood-the 2 36W PCs I don't think there's much light in that back chamber..

I appreciate your thoughts!

bad santa
11/26/2007, 10:07 AM
I have added this mod to my tank and its working good,
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1215893

I just added a 50mm fan on the inside to cool this light. It can get a little hot when its stuck to the tank. With the fan on it you can touch the fixture and its reletavily cool.

ReefCresteds
11/26/2007, 10:30 AM
thanks for the link. this is a good idea. i just don't think it will fit under my hood-the standard hood for the bio cube? any thoughts on something that will fit under the hood?
thanks again!

bad santa
11/26/2007, 02:50 PM
It is designed for use on back of the tank. You just have to peel off a small section of the black vinyl and use velcor to attach it to the back.

ReefCresteds
11/26/2007, 03:02 PM
yea. it's a good idea. i'm not sure if i have room behind my tank either-kind of close to the wall.
i was thinking there might be something that just literally went over the 2nd chamber inside the hood-that would stay out of sight. i'll have to look at it better it guess.

does anyone w/ a BC29 have a fuge in the 2nd chamber?