PDA

View Full Version : Current Usa Solana Braceless Cube

Aquacris
11/25/2007, 07:43 AM
I wondering if anyone has one, and if they are happy with it. If anyone one has any info. I seen it on sale on ebay. I did alittle looking around but couldnt really find to much on it. It is made by Current Usa. From what I have heard is its fairly new and there hard to come by. I believe its and 20g cube that is braceless. If its a good tank I am looking into purchasing one, but need to find where to buy it. Looked everywhere.

Seadoc
11/25/2007, 10:23 PM
There are some threads regarding the Solana system. It is a 34G. Here is the most recently updated one:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1225842

Cristina_j
11/25/2007, 10:51 PM
thanks Seadoc, for sending my thread...

I'm very happy with My solana, there are points that you should know before getting into it, The tank needs added flow, and a chiller if you go with the 150w MH. I run my tank with out the top and the light all the way up and it is staying steady at 82-84 degrees. Also if you plan on having any sps i would highly recommend adding an additional pump. There just is not enough flow with the tank stock.

I would not recommend purchasing the tank from EBAY! Especially if it is the guy from Miami. Please contact me directly if you would like to know why. I would call around to your LFS and find out if any have them instock, or if they are able to order. I've heard the wait is now down to less than a couple of weeks. When they were first released in late Sep, early Oct, Current-usa was stating they were back ordered at least 3 months.

Aquacris
11/26/2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I seen this tank and had to get it. Yes I did see the ebay listing. I am not one to really order from ebay, put thanks for the heads up. I was planning on looking for a bigger pump for the tank and for the heat I have seen a small fan about the size of a computer fan, to place on the back to blow cross. Also how good is the stand I was even thinking of pluming a small refuge. If you dont mind me asking what did the hole setup cost you?

Cristina_j
11/26/2007, 01:19 PM
My tank, stand, & light cost me less than $800 after taxes. I got it for a special price though due to the help my BF and I give at the LFS. Plus nothing was put together, I had to do it all...Another LFS in my town has the tank listed for $849 plus tax, I've heard that's been the going price for them around our town. If you got to Nano-reef.com and look up solana, look at the buid by Fatex9. He has this tank and has it drilled for a sump. He's well over the $1000 mark heading strong for the $1500 mark.