PDA

View Full Version : upgrade help

Moonstream
11/24/2007, 12:49 PM
I was originally planning to upgrade to a 50g, but I have priced it out and decided it would be too expensive, so I was thinking about changing the display to a 29g and changing the fuge to a ~30g rubbermaid sump. I was wondering what people thought about this?

I was also panning to upgrade the lighting from 4 24 watt T5 bulbs to 4 40 watt ones, and keeping mostly LPS w/ some zoas and softys. the fuge will have no sand but the display will have a 1.5-2" DSB.

for fish stocking I was thinking
1 female ocellaris clown (already have, if I can find a healthy looking male Ill get her a mate)
1 blenny (most likely bicolor)
1 yellow coris wrasse or filimented flasher wrasse
shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp
1 purple firefish

I am planning to have about 50 lbs of LR in the display (at least 40) and any extra rock will go into the sump (likely as rubble) I will also ahve cheato in the sump, a heater, and a coralife super skimmer. dose this sound okay? maybe in a year or 2 Ill do a bigger SW.

phenom5
11/24/2007, 02:59 PM
I was originally planning to upgrade to a 50g, but I have priced it out and decided it would be too expensive, so I was thinking about changing the display to a 29g and changing the fuge to a ~30g rubbermaid sump. I was wondering what people thought about this?

sounds good too me.

I was also panning to upgrade the lighting from 4 24 watt T5 bulbs to 4 40 watt ones, and keeping mostly LPS w/ some zoas and softys.

should be fine for what you want to keep.

I am planning to have about 50 lbs of LR in the display (at least 40) and any extra rock will go into the sump (likely as rubble)

should be okay, it depends largely on the type of LR.

I will also ahve cheato in the sump, a heater, and a coralife super skimmer. dose this sound okay?

sounds good.