PDA

View Full Version : 50g build thread

Moonstream
11/21/2007, 10:12 PM
I know many dont consider 50g to be a nano, but I personally do, so posted it here. I have started to get my new tank into motion, and here is my plan.
tank- 50g AGA style, drilled for a rubbermaid sump
lighting- 1 30" 65 watt PC and 4 24" 40 watt T5
skimmer- coralife super skimmer (may eventually upgrade, but not till after the summer)
rock/sand- planning on having about 50-70 lbs of rock in the display tank and any leftovers in the sump, there will be about 60 lbs of sand in the display, and none in the sump
stocking- the best part! i know I will be keeping LPS, softys, zoas, and some larger reef fishes, but thats it. I would love some help w/ this.

what do you guys/ girls think? I will be fine tuning as I setup, but plan to get rock in the next week or 2, as I am planning to get dead baserock, and want to gove it time to colinize w bactiria and get some coraline. will also be picking up a few more fish and some corals too.

Moonstream
11/21/2007, 11:04 PM
for stocking I have been thinking and came up w/
1 clown
1 larger fish (blue hippo tang, CBB, yellow tang or bannerfin butterfly)
1 flame angel (would give up if it meant I could keep more wrasses)
1 blenny
1-3 wrasses (filimented flasher wrasse, yellow coris, radiant wrasse, or leopard wrasse)

as for inverts, I was thinking a pair of skunk cleaners, a trio of peppermints, thinking abot maybe adding in an anemone for the clown, either a BTA or LTA, an BTA is more likely, and I would like it even if the clown didnt. I am also planning on having 1-3 pom pom crabs, as these guys have always interested me.