PDA

View Full Version : BC29 Pics

reef_dude76
11/21/2007, 04:28 PM
Lets see some pics of all those BC29's out there.

I have a BC29 that I did the 4.36 PC upgrade from nanotuners and was interested in seeing pics of other BC29's with the 4.36 up grade.

mksalt
11/21/2007, 09:45 PM
How easy was the assemby on that upgrade? I thought about going that way also.

reef_dude76
11/21/2007, 09:51 PM
Well, I can't say that is was extremely difficult, but I have some electrical knowledge so I was able to fill in some of the gaps in the instructions. All in all it wasn't that hard, but I will point out that there are no instructions provided that explain how the moonlights or the moonlight upgrade is installed. I emailed nanotuners recommending they revise the instructions to fill in some "gaps" but I never received a reply and the last time I checked their site it looked like the instructions had not been revised. If you decide to go with the upgrade and hae questions I'd be more than glad to talk you through it.

mksalt
11/21/2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for that offer.

How does the lighting look? Did you have the tank setup before the upgrade?

With that upgrade, does it open up the types of coral you can now keep? Stony coral?

reef_dude76
11/21/2007, 11:43 PM
I never had the tank setup with the stock lighting so I can't comment on the increased intensity. What I do have is two 10K daylights and two actinics, and I rather like the blue tint to the spectrum. With 144W of light, it deffinitely expands what you can keep, but I don't think it will let you keep stony corals. You can certianly keep softies (mushrooms, zoas, leathers), certian LPS species, and maybe a BTA, but I think you wouldn't have intense enough light to keep some of the more light demanding species (fiji yellow leathers, clams, some species of anemones, and just about all stony corals). I think you would need MH to be sucessful long term with the more light loving animals.