PDA

View Full Version : AquaC Nano skimmer

everl0ng
11/20/2007, 05:46 PM
i am looking to buy one for my AP24 that i am setting up, and i was wondering if i could swap out the mj900 for the mj1200? does it make performance any better? also, what chamber will it fit better in? this will be my first shot an at all-in-one tank and i am going to be doing it right the first time around! thanks guys!!

Mini Me6
11/20/2007, 08:34 PM
I'm no expert but would you gain by adding a mj1200??

1) A bit higher discharge flow rate.

2) A higher temp raise.

3) A liitle bit more turbulance within the tank.

If you do a search on the matter, you will get plenty more threads to read from.

Good luck on your setup. Make sure you consider the pro's and con's on the mod's you want to make.

Illuminati
11/20/2007, 10:43 PM
I have this skimmer with the MJ900. Bought it about 4 months ago to go on the back of my nanocube 24 after I popped the top with the sunpod fixture.

The 900 is fine from what I have seen in terms of skimate production but I to have heard of the MJ1200 upgrade. Maybe if it wasn't doing as good of a job for me with the 900 I would think of doing something like switching out the pump.

That said if you want a deal on a used one I'll be selling mine, I am downgrading to a Aquapod 12g and have the Saphire Skimmer on the way for that one. $110 shipped :)

pete33
11/22/2007, 03:56 PM
Why not just purchase the regular Aqua C Remora? I have a 24 AP w/150 MH. It fits just fine, and if you want to upgrade to a larger aquarium, you've already got the skimmer.