PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max Aquarium

sharky007
11/19/2007, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and so far this website is awesome full of info. I am ready to get a new tank of my own and I have being doing some research, I saw and ad in marine fish and reef
magazine about a new tank called RED SEA MAX marine aquarium I check out there web site and I was pleased with what I saw and I am
leaning towards purchasing one but with so many choices outhere now I am bit confused has anyone heard of has one of this tanks and what are your professional opinions on it. I read on the newbie article that it is best to purchase a larger tank vs a smaller tank preferably a 100 gallon tank because of temperature changes in the water the red seamax is a 34 gallons but they claim that is not like a nano tank since nano tank require a lot more expertise to handle and keep a reef in good condition. This tank seems to be for the novice and for the advanced so they claim. Any feed back info will help.

Thanks

SHarky

ReefEze
11/19/2007, 05:19 PM
SHarky,

They claim its not like a nano tank because they want to sell as many as possible... the main problems with nano tanks arise from small water volume, which RED SEA MAX has, no matter what they say.

On the other hand, in my opinion at least, nano tanks of that size are not that bad for getting into the hobby. As long as you are ready to devote daily attention, even if only for 10 min a day, you should be okay with 34 gallons, and the extremely reduced cost of everything (lights, corals, pumps, everything) outweighs, at least to me, the advantage of a bigger tank. I personally wish I had started with something smaller than my first 75g.

ReefEze

ReefEze
11/19/2007, 05:22 PM
Almost forgot...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=11004255#post11004255