PDA

View Full Version : skype.com for officer meetings

kinghokus420
11/15/2007, 12:56 PM
hey have ya'll heard of skype.com? its basically free computer to computer video conferencing and super cheap phone calls. no im not selling anything. i was just thinking that it would be a cool way to have officer meetings without having to find a place and a time that works with everyones schedule. signed up as rysamfamily. so if you sign up look me up. did i mention it was free? just a thought. it does require a mic for audio and a cam for the vid. i use it daily to talk to chicago and brisbane aus. i can vouch for its legitimacy.

boviac
11/15/2007, 11:53 PM
I got a free sign up with some free credit for it with a flash drive I got but never pursued it. I wouldn't object to it but we already do enough coorespondance via computers and I like the interaction we get face to face and we're still small enough and in relatively small area that I would still like to meet in person. However, I for one understand how coordinating several busy people to locate in one place can be challenging to say the least.

Does it cost anything?

kinghokus420
11/16/2007, 12:10 AM
just a small flat rate of free fifty free. nope its absolutely free. when you call a landline it does cost, but not much. i can call australia from my comp to a land line for 2.9c per minute. the computer to computer is free. i also have live video conversations with the same person regularly. fo' free! the girls get to have icecream with their grandpa in chicago,you guessed it, fo' free! its really cool. geez the skype people should give me a paycheck.

shelbiesdaddy
11/16/2007, 12:18 AM
I have it on my pocketPC (voice only) and I thought I had it on this computer but I can't find it. Anyway I have an account already.

kinghokus420
11/16/2007, 12:34 AM
sweet!

boviac
11/16/2007, 12:27 PM
FREE!!!!! :D I love the internet!!! YEAH! Now if I can only get around to getting solar panels to power my computer, aquarium, etc...

boviac
11/18/2007, 01:34 PM
Wow Very cool and very clear - especially the video!!! Love Skype and like Hokus said it's free fifty free!!!! to connect to other computers that is but it seems pretty cheap $0.024 to connect to a landline or cell. Sweet! Haven't tried that yet but am thinking about it. We pay $25/mo for unlimited long distance. I don't know but after taxes that works out to be like $28 an change. For a $10 credit on skype that would work out to 416 calls anywhere in the US. That works out to be over 13 calls a day. Plus with Skype, its a credit - use as you go so that seems cheaper to me.

This turned out to be a big plug for them, didn't it? :D

iairj84
11/18/2007, 04:05 PM
You can also buy a regular handset type USB phone for use with skype. They sell them ridiculously cheap at dealextreme.com It will take about 2 weeks to get to you but they are sooo cheap on everything and it's free shipping too. I've had really good luck with their stuff.

boviac
11/18/2007, 05:14 PM
No worries there cause I've got a kick butt USB 5.1 force feedback gaming headset with a quality mike. Very comfortable too. I appreciate the link though... :D