PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer selection

grouper25
11/14/2007, 02:38 PM
I am setting up a 20 gallon High tank solely for coral which will mostly be softies and some sps. Will be using a Fluval 305 cannister filter with floss and carbon which I already have. Have narrowed down my skimmer selection to a few and am close to picking the Corallife model 125 which is rated for a 65 gallon tank and 325 gph. It will be used on the tank side and there will be no sump.
Has anyone had experience with these? Or, a recomendation for something better. Have a 220 FOWLR and noot looking to go crazy on this little nano for corals.

Thanks mates.

mahalamata
11/14/2007, 02:56 PM
I have not used the corallife skimmer but read good reviews on it.i'm using a V2 Skim400 by TMC(don't know if you get them in the US) on my 20g and it works a treat. If I may suggest,don't use filter floss.They tend to gather gunk very quickly and become a nitrate factory is not replaced very regularly. Why not try something like PuryGen or some LR ruble in there?It would probably work better to keep your water clean!

Rosseau
11/14/2007, 03:46 PM
I love filter floss! a $2 bag lasts me about 2 months or so. Though, I replace at least once a week.