PDA

View Full Version : manufactured rock needed

Audrey
10/31/2002, 12:09 PM
CIMA Members-
My sister is starting a Fish Only With Live Rock tank in Champaign and would like some of the concrete rock that was at the last meeting. She could use about 50-75 lbs (enough for a 55 gal). Is anyone going to make up a bactch soon? What would it cost?

Thanks!

Audrey

epon
10/31/2002, 12:58 PM
Hi audrey -
Thanks for the frags meeting before last. I still have some of my manmade rock. Most of it should be fully cured. I have mainly 6" - 8 " pieces but also have some larger and some smaller. If she needed a specific size I could make another batch (have lots of leftover material), but it will be atleast 4 - 6 weeks before its cured.

Ive liked mine that Ive added, never noticed a ph spike.

Let me know -

epon
10/31/2002, 01:21 PM
forgot to add to my prior post that Im nut sure how many lbs I have , but I doubt its enough to finish off my tanks and have enough for hers. However Im willing to do another batch or two for her.

Audrey
10/31/2002, 06:01 PM
what do you think the cost would be? I'm sure she would be ok with a fair price.

Audrey

epon
10/31/2002, 07:42 PM
hrmm - I'd have to have at least a dozen or so frags to do it ... hehe jk

I'm really not sure whats in it dollar wise - its more time consuming than anything. If she wants to cure it, id be willing to put something together CHEAP! or trade for frags or some piece of equip???

If Im gong to cure it maybe a little more to cover time and materials sound right ? - heck I really dont know

now If you had told me it was to set up a reef tank well then it cerainly would have been free .... hehe jk again

I have a 25g rubbermaid container almost 3/4" full (in salt water, not dry)..... not sure how full she wants her tank with rock, but after I get maybe a 1/3 - 1/2 of it out for my tanks , shes welcome to the rest.

Let me know how full and what sizes she wants and we can figure out what we think is a fair.