PDA

View Full Version : November Meeting Agenda

boviac
11/07/2007, 09:09 AM
Since the November Meeting thread has strayed a bit from topic...

Greetings,

The November meeting is this upcoming Friday at 7pm. This time we have the room at the Round Table off of Pillsbury Rd, Chico reserved! I would like to thank Kane who was able to provide the friendly email reminder to be timelier - You all who are members of CRC web page, should have recieved a new reminder. Further, if anyone is having trouble with their username/password for that site – please email webmaster@chicoreefclub.com or use the ‘contact’ link on the website’s main page. Kane has requested people do this and he'll help you out as soon as he can.

Several items need to be discussed at this meeting and I’ll address them here.

1) Introductions, name, who you are, aliases online, your current tank description and one thing else (you decide) – I’ll provide a cheat sheet
2) Elections: Our bylaws state elections will be held in December of every odd year. That would be next month. I am proposing since we are new and just starting up that the current officers continue on understanding that their term will go to December 2009 – we can vote on this first. Then, if an officer wants out we can hold an election for that upcoming vacant position at next month.
3) Non-Profit Status: I assume everyone has had a chance to review the pros and cons for forming a non-profit corporation for the club. Further, the time to actually acquire said status can take a long time. I am going to request Dan speak about this and highlight the pros and cons of this move. Then we can open the floor for discussion about whether the club wishes to pursue this route.
4) Event: I would like to introduce a new opportunity to generate some revenue for the club. I would like to form a subcommittee to pursue this opportunity.
5) Event: I would like to solicit any reef-related event information like upcoming frag swaps, etc.
6) Presentation: Due to the confusion from the venue shift last weekend, I am unable to recall if anyone was requested to present on mushrooms or something else for this meeting or not. If so, please let me know.
7) Presentation: DIY by me. I plan to do an overview of different DIY projects I am aware of – some of which I have completed myself.
8) General member Q&A discussion:
9) End of meeting:
a. Select a tank to view after December meeting
b. Next meeting presentation concept and presenter
c. Instead of a raffle, we’re going over to Joel’s to auction off his livestock. More details to follow. Check either RC above or CRC web page for details about what is available.

Finally, I would like the officers to gather to decide the date/time of the next officer’s meeting.

shelbiesdaddy
11/07/2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds good. Even though it is a great opportunity for club members to pick up some really nice livestock (thanks Joel), under the circumstances it is a bit depressing.

With a reserved room things should go much smoother this time.

kinghokus420
11/07/2007, 07:46 PM
i was going to do a quick talk about mushrooms. it wont be too much, most people know all about them. good format for the meeting. should we meet an hour early to do a quick officer meeting? i dont know what everyones schedule is though.

iairj84
11/07/2007, 07:55 PM
How long should the meeting last roughly? I work til 9ish but wanna make it for something.

kinghokus420
11/07/2007, 08:48 PM
about an hour and a half or so.

boviac
11/07/2007, 09:08 PM
Dan,

I sure hope so. Thanks and I too feel for Joel.

Josh,

I just sent out another email. Hopefully, people will remember to 'Respond to All' so we all get the feedback.

Matt,

I think this meeting will probably run just about an hour give or take (7ish to 8ish). After that we're all headed over to Joel's house on the NE corner of 5th ave and Oleander (If I remember correctly).

iairj84
11/07/2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds good, I wish I could've gotten that night off.

Tylt33
11/07/2007, 11:26 PM
Why is Joel auctioning off his livestock???

boviac
11/07/2007, 11:47 PM
Posted from Chico Reef Club from Revolutions (Joel):

Following this months reef club meeting at 7:00 pm Friday Nov. 9th @ Round Table Pizza on Pilsbury road, I will be having a reef tank dismantling party at my house. My wife is having Brain surgery and we do not want to be a slave to the maintenance of our system at this time in our lives A silent auction of some sort will be held for all livestock in the system and is a great chance to pick up some premium corals and marine fish. Also up for auction is an Ecosystem hang on 40 refugium. Livestock includes Acanstrea Lords, Orange crush Acan, Christmas tree Favities, True rose BTA (proven splitter), Large ORA blue tort Acro colony, xtra Large purple tri color acro colony, Two large Orange Montipora Capricornis colonies, Neon yellow montipora Cap colont, Huge Blastomusa Merleti Colony, Tons of orange ricordia floridas, amaxing Red brain and frogspawn, Two Yasa Hashi gobies, Bartlets Anthias, True Percula clown, Purple fire fish, 60 plus lbs of Marshal island liverock and much more. 10% percent of the sales will be donated to the Chico Reef club to help perpetuate its growth. Check out Revolutions tank at chicoreefclub.com for pictures of these items. Thanks and see you there...Joel

tropoasis
11/08/2007, 12:12 PM
Hi All :D

Just a quick post....

I am looking for Tonga Branch Rock, smaller diameter - Preferrable DRY but Live is fine as well...

If anyone has any or know where to obtain some.... PLEASE let me know

Thanks!!
Frank

Twisted
11/08/2007, 12:48 PM
Frank when you come into Redding this weekend Matt has a few nice pieces of tonga fpr what you are looking for. I am not sure what he will want for it, but i think you are already bringing him stuff, so if you e-mail him and ask, I am sure he can arrange something. Heck like he mentioned I have a key to his house, so maybe if you bring me some frags, I will let you hiest all of his tonga! <joke> but I will let him know you are looking.

tropoasis
11/08/2007, 01:50 PM
Just need small diameter branch to cut up for the frag discs I use to mount frags. :)

Twisted
11/08/2007, 02:08 PM
Yup, I knew what you were looking for, he bought some awhile back, then decided not to use it for his tank, so I think it is sitting in his refugium on one of his tanks, not sure anymmore.

Sorry to side track again Chris. As far as Fridays meeting, I will be there, I do not think Matt will be do to a wedding rehersal, but he was not absolutly sure yet.
I am completely broke so will be unable to buy anything from joels tank sadly, unless a paycheck gets here before tomorrow. But I will be more then happy to help out in breaking it down, and sorting it out. I have a bit of experience in tank break downs :D

If I do manage to scrap up a little cash between now and the meeting I will be more then happy to put it towards something in Joels tank, it is a great set up, and I really hate to see it broke down.
Especially since I don't see him getting much for money out of it, only getting a few bucks, and a break from maintaning it, which it sounds as though that is what he is really looking for.
I also said, that if at any time in the future, he feels like getting back into the hobby he is more then welcome to come to me for frags of anything I have that can be cut.
In the short time I have known Joel, he has given me some great deals out of the store he was working at, and out of his tank. He has some wonderful knowledge, and is a always willing to answer questions.

Anyways I will see you all Friday, I have something to talk to you on the side about to Chris, for future club ideas that I had briefly discussed with Mr.Ugly on a couple of occassions.

foodstamp
11/09/2007, 11:49 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11138311#post11138311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by boviac

I think this meeting will probably run just about an hour give or take (7ish to 8ish). After that we're all headed over to Joel's house on the NE corner of 5th ave and Oleander (If I remember correctly).

anyway for us to get a addy or a contact # so the few of us that cant make it tell around 8:30 9ish still have the chance to pick up a few items i get off work at 8:20 and will be driving from the airport. :strooper: