PDA

View Full Version : Another boring stock list.

Saltwaterstart
11/06/2007, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone again. It has been a long time without a post, and I have been going through a great hair algae bloom that is finally under control.

Anyways, right now, I have the following fish list for a 29 biocube.

-2 True Percula Clownfish
-1 Longnose Hawkfish
-1 Sailfin Blenny
-1 Coral Beauty Angelfish (Who doesn't even know what a coral is)

I also have 1 cleaner shrimp that is best friends with the hawkfish?

My dad came up to me today and said that he would like another swimmer in the tank, or a more colourful fish (Canadian, don't mind the spelling). After a weekend trip to the LFS, I have a few fish that caught my eye, but I am not sure at all if I should even attempt to keep.

Right now my current levels are

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- Undetectable
Alkalinity- 300dkh
Phosphorus- Undetectable
PH-8.4

Everything else is within acceptable range.

The fish that would be on my mind would be
-8 line wrasse
-6 line wrasse
- Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

I also found a group of mandarins that were fat, healthy, and eating frozen foods in the LFS back room, but I am not sure if their eating habits would change if I introduce them to a new tank.

Anyways, I told my dad that everyone on RC would have a final Veto on whether or not a fish goes in.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Illuminati
11/06/2007, 09:54 PM
If it were my tank I would pick a peaceful pseudochromis or the six line. The wrasse might get bullied in that tank by the angel or the hawkfish depending on the behavior of the fish.

Saltwaterstart
11/07/2007, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have an opinion?

Oh yeah, all of the fish in the tank now have shown no signs of aggression or any type of dominance/ beating-up-others (don't know the right word).

reefman13
11/07/2007, 09:19 PM
The sixline would be a great idea. IMO I would not try a Mandarin.

Tom-Kat
11/07/2007, 09:44 PM
a firefish would be cool