PDA

View Full Version : Refugium / DSB Owners!

LVMAS
10/30/2002, 03:14 AM
Hello

RE: DSB and Refugiums-

I would like to find as many people out there that are willing to trade cup for cup of "Live sand" to and from my DSB / refugium. I maintain 0, sugar size and smaller sand. Originally seeded with GARF Grunge and I booset it about once a year and several other refugiums over time. I really want the most bio diversity possible.

Link to my Refugium. (http://hometown.aol.com/hdhoag)

(Sorry it loads so slow the picture is about 1/2 way down)
Also open to your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks you-
Howard

Runic
11/02/2002, 01:44 AM
I'd love to trade the sand with ya, but I'm afraid my DSB is lacking ATM. I would benefit more than you would. ;)

What flow do you have moving through your fuge? Any heat issues with the Iwaki's?

LVMAS
11/02/2002, 02:14 AM
Hey there,

The flow rate is about 800GPH to the refuge. I git the Japanees made motors run pretty cool. One has an internal fan with lights and powerheades on it runs about 82 without the chiller on.

ATM?

Originally posted by Runic
I'd love to trade the sand with ya, but I'm afraid my DSB is lacking ATM. I would benefit more than you would. ;)

What flow do you have moving through your fuge? Any heat issues with the Iwaki's?

noni
11/03/2002, 11:32 PM
i thought there were no reefers left in LV. might be able to trade some sand with you. i use 100% arragamax select. have about 900 lbs. of the stuff very alive with loads of amphiopods. my live sand is very bio active. it has to support over 200,000 specimens 24 hours a day and my nitrates are as low as 5.

noni
11/03/2002, 11:45 PM
i thought there were no reefers left in LV. might be able to trade some sand with you. i use 100% arragamax select. have about 900 lbs. of the stuff very alive with loads of amphiopods. my live sand is very bio active. it has to support over 200,000 specimens 24 hours a day and my nitrates are as low as 5.
i also have other goodies you might like to score.

noni
11/10/2002, 02:11 PM
hi howard, i have a wrase in one of my holding cubes. don't know what kind it is but it is about 2 inches has purple and red body with yellow dorsal fin. do you know what kind it is? can this kind of wrase go in a reef? can any kind of wrase go in a reef?
are they distructive in a reef?
thanks,
noni