PDA

View Full Version : DVRC: an apology

fraggin
11/02/2007, 09:00 PM
i want to start of and say i am sorry about not being around enough this week for these plans for the next meeting. Matt thanks for helping out with location and such.

I've been bizzy this week with family issues.

my oldest step son, had a head on collision. Luckily no one was injured.
But in the past 9 months he has had a drug problem that we never knew about until mid Sept. but he wanted to make a change and be at home. 2 weeks later he broke his hand playing football and got prescribed percaset (sp) and he was back to his old ways, never told us anything. he sold off his vcr and other things, stole money,clothes, and appliances off us, and we just never knew over the past year.
We kicked him out Weds. to go to rehab or live with his father, so far he is at his fathers and says about going to rehab, but i haven't seen it yet.He still thinks he did nothing wrong, the people he hit walked away (luckily).

i don't know how many times i wrote and deleted this,this week.
maybe i am just venting.

but i do know these drug companies need to take their oxycotin, vicadin,xanex and shove it up their **holes.

jgatmaitan
11/02/2007, 09:13 PM
Tom,

I am very sorry to hear what just happened. We completely understand and hope things turn positive for your family. Family definitely comes first before anything else. If you need help, the club is here.

We can definitely work something out in the next meeting. No real need to apologize.

Stixbaraca
11/02/2007, 09:20 PM
All I can say is don't give up! I unfortunately see this all day long just about every day. I frequently sit in on our "County Drug Court" which is dedicated to getting young and old back on track...and these programs out there do work as long as the person involved is interested in changing their ways and lives. Support is usually the long term driving force.

Jay4Robin
11/02/2007, 09:36 PM
Wow. I am speechless, I hope everything works out.

mkbtank
11/03/2007, 04:45 AM
Family comes first. No need at all to apologize.

FishTri
11/03/2007, 07:30 AM
Being a parent (step or othewise) is scary business sometimes. And it doesn't come with instructions or a manual...

Good luck with getting him on the right road.

aquanut6
11/03/2007, 08:58 AM
I can sympathize as I deal with this on a recurring basis with a number of family members.

Until he's truly ready to help himself, it's out of anyone's control.

No need to apologize...I hope he finds it within himself to get better.

Mache62
11/03/2007, 11:36 AM
Wow Tom, if there's anything I/we can do let us know. Being the mom of 2 young twenty-something's I've been down some of those roads myself.
I hope things work themselves out.

crazy4salt
11/03/2007, 06:36 PM
Wow, I am sorry to hear this. I have some issues to deal with concerning my daughter this week coming up, so I can understand. I hope he gets help and gets on the right track. It's so hard to watch them do stupid things, and not be able to stop them.

ribs
11/03/2007, 07:21 PM
teens are tougher to maintain than a reeftank.

fraggin
11/03/2007, 07:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11111196#post11111196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ribs
teens are tougher to maintain than a reeftank.

i am getting that feeling.

thanks everyone for the support.

He came over today to pack up his clothes and paperwork with his dad and step mother. He also took our wedding picture i saw him sneak into his bag, so i know he still loves us and wants to be here.

mushumatt
11/03/2007, 08:27 PM
Wow, i hope everything is alright... Sounds like the same boat i was in the past year

solid14th
11/03/2007, 10:43 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your step-son. No need to apologize for anything and sometimes venting is the only thing you can do. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask!

Bursa
11/04/2007, 01:33 PM
The best thing you can do is be really tough on him right now. Lay down the law and hope for the best. Speaking from experience...and not as a parent.

mushumatt
11/04/2007, 06:17 PM
I disagree bursa because if he wants to do it he will do it. My parents couldnt stop me from doing anything i really wanted to do. Because they will find a way to doing it. It has to come from the person in my opinion. I finally found a way out from the stuff when i started playing football.

fraggin
11/04/2007, 07:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11114980#post11114980 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bursa
The best thing you can do is be really tough on him right now. Lay down the law and hope for the best. Speaking from experience...and not as a parent.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11116484#post11116484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mushumatt
I disagree bursa because if he wants to do it he will do it. My parents couldnt stop me from doing anything i really wanted to do. Because they will find a way to doing it. It has to come from the person in my opinion. I finally found a way out from the stuff when i started playing football.

i agree with both of you. we are taking a stand by not letting him live here anymore, i think him living here was "enabling" him. when he wanted to go get the stuff he would do it after we went to bed.
now he is in a house that has a different schedule, different people and his friends aren't there every nite to distract him from the goal he needs to get himself to.

mushumatt
11/04/2007, 08:33 PM
Well thats good. I hope everything works out