PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Nano DX Light

dzones
10/30/2007, 10:33 PM
I have a 12g Nano DX with the standard 2x24 pc lights. I had used this for freshwater for the past year and just changed it over to saltwater.
The clear plastic cover over the bulbs has become rather scuffed and scratched and really does not let a lot of the light come through well at all.

My question is simply, has anyone removed the plastic clear cover and gone without it? is it really a bad idea to leave the bulbs unprotected?

The bulbs themselves seem to be a good 2-3 inches from the waterline.

Secondly, is it very hard to add a third light in the hood? and possibly a fourth?

thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Illuminati
10/30/2007, 10:46 PM
Very very bad idea, Gotta protect the lights.

Check out www.nanotuners.com, you can contact Chris and if replacement shields are not on his site I'm sure he has one he can sell you.

He also has DIY kits to add lights, I had a custom made hood from them, the 108W (3 lights). Very good craftsmanship. They also have a service where you ship in the hood, they make the installs and return it to you, I think it comes with a warranty as well for the DIYphobic people like myself :)

MikePowell
10/31/2007, 06:02 AM
for the money i would just get a new fixture like the sunpod MH light. you can keep alot more with it, crisper light, and plus you get shimmer lines(oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ) gotta love the shimmer! =)

dzones
10/31/2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the link colindam. I like that site from what I see so far, all sorts of great mod stuff for good prices.

MikePowell..i read your post and visualized Peter Griffin and the cheerio scene.. ooooooooooo.
:lol:

Thanks for the info guys.