PDA

View Full Version : Aquapod 24 top removal

Kissfan79
10/29/2007, 06:10 PM
Hey guys...
I have a 24 gallon Aquapod and was wondering if any one had any pics or pointers on how to take off the top (standard top with the power compact lighting). I tried to follow the instuctions I had read on how to take it off but I could not get it to budge and did not want to break it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Phyxius
10/29/2007, 06:15 PM
My son takes his off for cleaning and just pops the hinge bars on the lid out of the clips on the tanks part. It was hard the first few times but gets easier after a few. They do look like they are made with fairly brittle plastic so don't force it.
I had also read a very small drop of vegetable oil on the hinge makes it slide/pop out easier and wont hurt the tank if it gets in.....

Kissfan79
10/29/2007, 06:34 PM
I read you are supposed to open the lid to 90 degrees and then do it. Do you pull the lid straight up or pull it forward after opening the lid?

Thanks, Jim

Phyxius
10/29/2007, 06:42 PM
I just had him do it so I could watch :) You do lift it up at 90 degrees and then the hinges pop off towards the front of the tank and angled up a slight bit. He also said a very small flat blade screwdriver helps on the tab a little. Just lift up the upper edge that the clip slides into and it takes some pressure off it and slides out easier.

Hope it helps

Kissfan79
10/29/2007, 07:16 PM
Cool....thanks a kajillion. I see what you mean after reading that and looking at it again.

Jim