PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to get Corals

A&M Aggie 04'
10/28/2002, 12:49 AM
I come back to Arlington from A&M every few weeks and am just looking for the best place for corals in the DFW area??

Thanks,
Mark

scubagirl
10/28/2002, 01:08 PM
Saltwater Paradise in Irving.

Here is their website!!

http://www.saltwaterparadisetx.com

They are a small store, but the selection is great, and getting better every day!!

Tiffany

Rickeejb
10/29/2002, 01:00 AM
I totally agree with Tiffany. You need to check out Saltwater Paradise in Irving, he has one the best selection of corals around DFW. And I do not know of anyone around here that has a better selection of SPS. I know I have bought some beautiful corals there. You can check out Planet Pet in Bedford they usually have a pretty good selection. And since you are out in Arlington check out Fish Paradise in Fort Worth on Altamesa Blvd. They have a lot of soft corals and a few LPS and were trying to add to their SPS inventory. I don't know if they have their new tanks up and running yet.

A&M Aggie 04'
10/29/2002, 02:36 AM
yeah i used to buy everything at fish paradise in fort worth, the guy i always talked to quit so im not going back there.

I had a chance to go to Saltwater Paradise in Irving. Even though he said he didnt have near as many corals and fish as usual, i was impressed.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

SALTWATER PARADISE
11/03/2002, 06:13 PM
I really appreciate all the nice comments that have been posted about my store. If there is ever anything that anyone would like to see me carry or do different, please do not hestitate to tell me. I am trying to supply the best corals and fish in the DFW area at competitive prices that I can. Also if anyone knows someone that is a hardworking expererinced maintainence person that is looking for work please have them contact me. (972-258-7822)

Thanks again,
Scott

TS
11/05/2002, 02:23 AM
I think you've got a great store, Scott, but here's one thing that really bugs the poo poo out of me...

You don't mark the prices on anything, even fish.

As a customer, that makes me feel like, "well, the price depends on how much I like you or how much you seem willing to spend."

After visiting your store many times, I've found your prices to actually be very consistent. But the first couple times I was in there, I was really put off by the lack of pricing.

I do, however, recommend your store to all my reefing friends here in DFW, some of whom I know have given you some very good business. So take it as constructive criticism. You still have the best LFS in town.

Travis

TS
11/07/2002, 01:31 AM
I was at SWP today and they just had an incredible selection of corlas. Especially the SPS. I could have stayed for hours.

Great stuff, Scott!

Rickeejb
11/07/2002, 01:54 AM
I was there today when he was unpacking some boxes of corals. Which really sucked because I spent my beer money for the whole month:( ,plus a little more. But I guess I need to loose some weight anyways. I really got two nice pieces, both were just too special to pass on. One of them is kind of a cream color with lavender polyps. They were so nice that my wife did not even get sticker shock.:D Thanks Scott for the good price. As soon as I some good pictures I am going to post them on the board.