PDA

View Full Version : meeting

mhender
10/26/2007, 10:58 AM
I think it went pretty well. I wish we could have had a chance to introduce everyone. Oh well ..... I think we decided to keep the board members we have for now and once we get better established we will decide by a vote who will be who. I know the dues / donation issue came up. I feel Mark should get a link on the site to pay them by pypal and that way there is an account where the $$$ goes. It's a really simple way to collect the "donations" and there is an account where the money will sit. It's easy to make payments from and there is an accounting of all funds.

So far all looks good.

Mark H

little_squid
10/26/2007, 11:02 AM
i agree think in january we should have name tags for everyone :-)

SlowCobra
10/26/2007, 03:31 PM
My opinion is that last night was more of an organized chaos. It was nice sort of meeting everyone. By sort of I mean only a few of us actually exchanged names. It was a decent turn-out however the meeting was more of a social gathering of like minded individuals. Not that I am opposed to organized chaos but again my opinion is that the meeting topics(if there actually are topics) should have been dealt with much earlier(RE: many beers less) in the evening. After any pressing issues are taken care of.... game on. Lets party!

Based on how things went last night I also feel that, given the infancy of the club, waiting until Jan to have the next meeting is going to be a recipe for disaster. Hopefully this statement doesn't ruffle any feathers. If it does, well keep in mind it is my opinion and we won't always agree with what others have to say.

Establishing the club is going to be difficult enough as it is. Trying to address issues, suggestions, dues, officers, etc through either the board, email or phone is going to fail miserably. Without everyone who is truly interested in making the club successful present to offer their feedback, whatever is decided is not necessarily going to be what majority vote wants.

Now obviously I understand that not all of us are going to get what we want but if only 5 people out of 15 have the opportunity to discuss it and vote... that doesn't really serve the best interest of the club as a whole.

Communication is much easier to do when face to face. Things can easily get taken out of context in writing. Case in point... The thread between Broke1 and Gluestick. At some point there was a serious miscommunication between them. Something that had the conversation taken place in person could probably been resolved in 5 minutes with minor clarification from both sides as to what they were getting at.

There is my 2 cents on the subject.

broke1
10/26/2007, 04:39 PM
The meeting was kind of a mess, but an enjoyable one at that. Introductions were mentioned twice, but never happened. The board members are going to pretty much stay what they are. It was an easy vote, no one else wanted any of the positions. If I remember right, 11 out of 15 voted to keep the members. If everyone is happy with that, than it's a done deal as far a 11 people are concerned.

To me there are entirely too many issues to take care of that are going to make or break this. For one introductions NEED to be made, I have had a few that were going to buy frags from me question if I was even there last night. If we introduced ourselves, there would have not been any question who was there and who wasn't.

Does anybody have any issues with the board members? I really don't think so, so let's put that behind us. I completely agree with slowcobra, if this waits until January it's pretty much a recipe for disaster.

I thought the meeting was a good time, but "club business" was a mess. By the time we got around to anything, alot of people needed to leave, me included.

little_squid
10/26/2007, 06:22 PM
and to think rob and i finished off all the beer lol i was hurting this morning lol