PDA

View Full Version : Just dropping in

ReefWreak
10/23/2007, 03:08 PM
Like the title says, Just dropping in to say hi.

I've got 2 nice established tanks down south at home, but I'm up at school now at FSU, and have been tankless for too long.

I'm also looking for 2.5g of established water and like a handful of live sand from someone. I'm looking to get this new tank established and then I'll bring up some zoos in a few weeks from home, and if someone is willing to trade the water and sand for some acro frags, I've got lots of beautiful acros to trade. Also I would be looking for like 1 piece of Liverock that could be compensated for as well.

I'm surprised that there arn't more tallahassee reefers on this board, since there are a lot of tallahassee reefers. Anyone know where to find them?

Azazael13
10/24/2007, 06:25 AM
If you know where to find them let me know :)

I can help you with the sand and water, but not the rock.

ReefWreak
10/24/2007, 10:50 AM
Well I'm headed over to High Tide aquariums where I'm friends with the owner to see what he's got in the way of rock and zoanthids, and then I'm gonna drive around town today checking out the other stores, since I havn't been to them in a year or so. I'll ask scott where the other tallahassee reefers hang out.

Azazael13
10/24/2007, 12:41 PM
High Tide is the hangout as far as I know :)

If you find a few more people who need rock we could maybe do a group order. To the best of my knowledge neither store (Cutting Edge) has a lot of rock.

If you want some water and sand just drop me a PM.

ReefWreak
10/24/2007, 02:03 PM
Scott had rock and water and he has great prices on rock if you're looking for some. I highly suggest giving him a call.

Azazael13
10/24/2007, 03:16 PM
I usually stop in there every other week or so.

atf72
10/24/2007, 07:34 PM
Always looking for nice acros....
PM if you are interested in trading or checking out a few local tanks...

ReefWreak
10/24/2007, 08:45 PM
atf72 PM sent

Thanks!

Azazael13
10/24/2007, 09:53 PM
so acros are the key to a tank tour :)

still hoping for the next few meetings to be at a members house.

ReefWreak
10/24/2007, 10:55 PM
Meetings? For this club?

Azazael13
10/25/2007, 06:41 AM
yes RW, we had two meetings, haven't had one since early June I think it was.

Dog boy Dave
11/09/2007, 09:51 AM
Hey Guys, Dave Here. Over the years we have had many meetings. Lately (last 3 years or so.) the club hasn't been very active. But Bob down in Crawfordville has continued to pay the annual fee to maintain our status as a non profit corporation. Problem is we need new leadership. I am the President and I am old and very busy here lately. I have to travel a lot for work and my family obligations have increased a lot. But, I will make a real effort to set up a more formal method to communicate and I will also be making a formal request to all the potential members to place their names into consideration for club leadership positions. Please *** the word among your friends to check the forums and perhaps consider posting some images and reading the new threads. But the real thing we need now is for some new people to step up and accept some leadership roles. I hear a lot of comments about a more active club but that means we all gotta work at it a bit. I for one will make a commitment to be active.
Later Dave