PDA

View Full Version : What Next? Stocking BC29

seanb
10/22/2007, 12:13 AM
Ok sorry to create another stocking thread but I am looking for ideas.
Here is what fish I have in my BC29 so far:
1 percula clown
1 tailspot blenny
1 neon goby
1 orchid dottyback
It is a reef tank with soft corals, zooanthids, and perhaps an LPS coral in the future.
What other fish would you add to this tank?
Looking for some fresh ideas.
Thanks

gsusfreak
10/22/2007, 12:37 AM
i dont think you should add anymore fish....but if you are anyway, then maybe a chromis? it'll be a different color than the rest

seanb
10/22/2007, 05:16 PM
Chromis is definitely a possiblilty, but I already have a small school of them in my 90 gal. Are there any damsels (not chromis) that are relatively non-aggressive that I could add for color?
Also, what about a small angel? Has anyone had success with them in a small tank?
The other idea I had was a cardinal, what do you think?
This will be the last fish I add and something highly visible would be appreciated.

mfp1016
10/22/2007, 06:04 PM
My coral beauty just nipped at my big candy cane colony, day later she died. I know a lot of people say they have good results with them, I would never do it again. That coral beauty was a model citizen in my 125 gal, but when I got my BC29 and moved her there, within a month she had starting nipping at corals and is now long dead. RIP. Either way, an angel in a small reef will either hurt some of the coral or the fish, or both. Just my .02

seanb
10/22/2007, 09:46 PM
Interesting, anyone else have any experiences with dwarf angels? Any other suggestions would be welcome.