PDA

View Full Version : Certification

haydn
10/25/2002, 02:06 PM
Having just read CCANIMANs thread- I've become a little worried. One of the replies said unless you had a c-card (whatever that is)you can't hire tanks,etc.

I am UK based, a BSAC (British Sub Aqua Club) Dive Leader (I think equilivant to PADI rescue diver), a BSAC Nationally Qualified Instructor and I hold Advanced Nitrox diver certification. I have done over 300 dives in all conditions (from tropical to deep and cold in the English North Sea).

I am thinking of holidaying in Florida, would my qualification be accepted there or do I need to do something before I travel to get some other qualification.

Help

Haydn

Mad Scientist
10/26/2002, 03:59 PM
I'm sure you'd be OK, just make sure you bring the actually bring the C-card to the store. Most places take card from all well-known agencies and the same goes for charters. Once in a while charter captains will refuse some agencies for deep, technical dives. There a guy here in New England, for example, who won't let GUE guys do deco/mix diving off his boat.
But, again, I won't worry about not being able to rent tanks from a PADI (or whatever) resort when you hold an advanced NITROX cert and are an instructor. But, when in doubt call first.

e12pilot
11/07/2002, 01:08 AM
Just make sure you bring your c-cards with you. Any shop that I would consider to be reputable would rent you tanks as long as you understand the basics. You should be just fine

Peter Maag
PADI MSDT 179147

luminary
11/07/2002, 07:20 AM
What they said :)

and...

Originally posted by haydn
c-card (whatever that is)

c-card = certification card

haydn
11/11/2002, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the replies- I think I'll be visiting Florida sometime in the new year. Any suggestions for a base. It's got to be interesting for me and my son (as divers) and my wife and other son (non-divers) and just to make it interesting my other son is disabled and in a wheelchair.

Suggestions would be welcomed!!!!

Regards

Haydn

e12pilot
11/11/2002, 01:12 PM
Haydn,
In regards to your disabled son, most PADI instructors will train someone with disabilites. Ask around when you get to Florida and I am sure that someone would be willing to train him. As far as places to dive, I have never dove Florida so I can't help you there. Best of luck

Peter Maag

hcs3
11/13/2002, 02:39 AM
haydn

check out "Bomber" on this forum. he lives in the keys, dives everyday professionally, and i believe he even has a house he rents out on ocassion.

HTH

henry