PDA

View Full Version : mushroom! slime ooze? propagation.

arcab4
10/25/2002, 04:21 AM
hello everybody,

i swear i thought i posted this but after doing a search for it, i couldn't find it. that's what i get from still being up at 2:20am.

anyways. i had a few questions about mushroom propagation. i've did my research and i pretty much figure u can cut a mushroom anyway you like and it'll grow back. (love that thread about tossing a mushroom into a blender).

so this is how i was going to do it. i have a refugium underneath my stand that has a few pretty good size mushrooms. i was going to take the mushroom, put it in a seperate container and slice it up. leave the mother mushroom and the new ones in the container for a few minutes or so (so they can finish oozing and sliming) and then toss them back into the refugium. sounds like a plan yea?

my question(s) is that will it be detrimental to my tank if i toss them back into the refugium (even after letting them sit in a seperate container for a few minutes)?

my main tank is mainly sps and i read about how softies and mushrooms don't mix..mainly from the fact that they can sting each other. but what if all my mushrooms were only in the refugium? would it be that bad?

anyways, thanks for reading this and i'lll appreciate any feedback you guys have.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny