PDA

View Full Version : invite to chico club

nova67
10/10/2007, 12:40 AM
the redding reef club is going to be having a fraging demo presented by frank burr from the the tropical reef oasis on the weekend of oct 20th.it will be on sat or sun at the deep in redding.we have not set a day yet i wanted to find out what day would be best for everyone.so pos here to let me know if you would like to attend and what day would be best.

thanks micaiah

mikekman
10/10/2007, 10:07 AM
Were is Tropical Oasis? Is that a lfs in the bay area or in Redding?

nova67
10/10/2007, 10:45 AM
they are down in the la area.here are frank burrs web sites.
http://www.tropicalreefoasis.com/index.html

http://www.thecoraloasis.com/index2.html

mikekman
10/10/2007, 11:22 AM
Gotcha, I've seen the second link before. The guy is almost like Steve Tyree. His site looks like Tyrees site in which he has LE and other rarities on reservations and lists.

Will he be bringing up any rarities to frag and give out:D :D

nova67
10/10/2007, 11:24 AM
he is friends with steve tyree.i dont think he is going to bring any frags.

Twisted
10/10/2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the info Miciah. I will be there. And I will also mention this again at the Chico meeting Friday. This is a great!

Twisted
10/10/2007, 11:50 AM
Friday or sunday works best for me. Saturday is a bit of a conflict but all depends on what time it is.

nova67
10/10/2007, 04:23 PM
if we do it on sat it will be around 4or5 pm.sunday is a up in the air because that is franks gf day to see him so he will have to talk her in to going.frank told me to let him know what day wold work best.i was thinking sat would be good.

Twisted
10/10/2007, 04:28 PM
Frick, Saturday I am sure is the best for most people, but I might be stuck on a train in McCloud at that time, I am not sure yet.
When do you need to get back to him? The Chico club meeting is Friday and I can poll them to see what is best, so up to you how you guys want to handle it. I know there are a few Chico people that don't frequent the forums enough to answer here.

nova67
10/10/2007, 04:35 PM
i need to let him know as soon as we set a day.i think sat day is going to be the better day.let me know what the chico club thinks about that day

Twisted
10/10/2007, 04:38 PM
Ok, I posted the same info on the Chico reef club website, and I will bring it up again Friday night at the meeting and see what kind of input I can get.

Thanks again Micaiah

kyletech
10/10/2007, 06:50 PM
Saturday would work for me.

kyletech
10/10/2007, 07:14 PM
:)

BBishop
10/10/2007, 08:42 PM
Brian,
Are you taking the dinner train. I did it a couple of years ago, it was well worth the money.

Twisted
10/10/2007, 08:50 PM
Nope did the dinner train last year and saw that they do a "Pumpkin train" for kids, so my wife was taking her girl scout troop on it. I volunteered to help, but now I am trying to weasel my way out of it.
We leave go on the train at 2pm if I go, which means it is probablly a good hour and a half to two hours out there, then and hour or so back to town, so I might still be able to make it back in time, especially if it is at 5 or 6pm.
I would just hate the chance to be there for the Frank Burr demo.
Not to mention we probablly need everyone and thier mother to show up so that we can make a good showing, if only a few people show up it's going to make it hard to get another speaker.

shelbiesdaddy
10/10/2007, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. That is the final weekend before my State Ag Bio exams so I will be busy studying.

Twisted
10/10/2007, 09:24 PM
Oh blah, you can't waste a couple hours learning how to ag corals?

shelbiesdaddy
10/10/2007, 09:40 PM
I wish I could.

boviac
10/12/2007, 01:23 PM
Unfortunately for me, my sister is coming up from Turlock for her baby shower... Doubt I will be able to make it to that with the drive to RDD and be there on time. Here's hoping!!!

Glad to see activities like this happening up in the north state! Good job on coordinating this.

nova67
10/15/2007, 10:28 PM
the fraging demo is set for sat oct 20th late afternoon at the deep.i will post the time as soon as i hear back from frank.im thinking it will be around 5ish.

thanks micaiah

R.A.R.E

PlayWithBob
10/16/2007, 11:22 AM
Please post directions for us that have not been to the deep yet.

Or at least the address so that we can mapquest it.

I think that I will be able to attend.

Bob

nova67
10/16/2007, 11:36 AM
THE DEEP
1307 Tehama st
redding ca 96001
530 241 5344

nova67
10/16/2007, 05:36 PM
fragging demo is going to be at 5:30pm sat oct 20th.it also looks like if any one wants to orders frags from frank he will bring them.i am checking on that with him.heres the list is frags that he has. p.s. The list of my available corals can be seen at: http://www.coralroadtrips.com/mars101907.htm

Please let people know...... please email with orders/requests, Thanks!

Twisted
10/16/2007, 07:39 PM
Hey are the corals on that list ones that he IS bringing, or a list of corals he will bring if we want to buy them, and if the latter then when do we need to tell him by?
Someone of us will have to negotiate with the spouse to allow us to spend that kind of money....:D

missyshrout
10/16/2007, 07:53 PM
Ok I will need directions because I will be there. I would prefer to be there a little early so that I could check out Brian and Matt's tanks before the talk.

Let me know.

Melissa

Twisted
10/16/2007, 08:55 PM
I don't know if I will be home in time to see my tank before the talk Mellisa, but if Matt is home then he might be able to bring you over here if my Niece is still here.

nova67
10/16/2007, 10:07 PM
if you want to buy frags from frank go to the link on the first page and email him about what you want and he will get back to you with the details.

brian that list is what he has for sale.

if you guys have something you want fraged and are not sure how to do it you can bring it and frank will show you.or if you just have something that you want fraged you can bring it and frank will use it for the demo

Twisted
10/17/2007, 03:15 PM
Anyone wanting Frank Burr to bring corals up with him for you, needs to get moving and e-mail him what you want and pay him via paypal.
I would suggest if finacially able, that you do look at what he has. It's not very often we get these oppurtunitys up north like this.
There are even a couple corals like the "X factor" that is not normally available, this is a very limited edition piece, and he will only allow a couple pieces to stray from the normal auctions it sells on.
He does have some really nice zoanthids, and palythoas, and a few really nice Chalices. If you are into those I suggest you look at the Shu Tins Brick Red Enchino it is awesome and is $49 for the frag.
Mr. Burr will be needing your request to reserve a coral, and payment via paypal by Thursday, he will be leaving on Friday so you have today, and pretty much tomorrow as early as possible to put in your request, and payments.
Here is the link again and the e-mail address to make a request for reservation of a coral is at the top of the page.
http://www.coralroadtrips.com/mars101907.htm

For those of us on a budget you will see he has some $20 dollar frags of SPS, and he has some reasonally priced zoanthids and pallys. I hope everyone that can, will take advantage of this offer. You will be able to pick up whatever you buy at the fragging demo Saturday, unless you really want to make the drive up to redding Friday night when he comes into town.

Hope to see as many of you as possible Saturday at about 5:30pm at The Deep in redding. If you have any questions PM me or reply here and I will try to keep up with them.

missyshrout
10/17/2007, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately I have now been sick for a total of4 days and by he rules of this household am no allowed to attend. So if anyone could secretly tape r use shorthand I would much appreciate it.

As far as frags go I Am SOL. But that's ok.

Tell Teresa I still wan to give her her some pink gonipora when I see her next.

Melissa

boviac
10/18/2007, 11:17 AM
Wow, Thanks Twisted for bringing up this incredible opportunity!

Early Christmas for anyone??? :D

Twisted
10/18/2007, 12:22 PM
No thanks to me, the Redding club was nice enough to put this together, I am just the one passing on the story. I did ask him to bring me a few things.
We will see how it turns out when he gets here!

boviac
10/22/2007, 01:21 PM
Wow! I was really impressed with the camaraderie at this local Redding Shop. There were an impressive number of people to stick around for Frank Burr's presentation. Plus, the people who opened their homes afterwards to allow us to view their setups were great! I only wish I did't have to get all the way back to Oroville. I don't think I made it there to get my Daughter until like 11:15pm and then back to Chico. Very late night but it was good to meet everyone.

Thanks to Sue for the zoa frags. Here's another plug for the frag swap. I think she received 11 frags and some were so big and falling apart that she gave some of the frags of the frags to me. :D

Twisted
10/22/2007, 01:35 PM
That's great Chris. I have a few pictures from the presentation, I will try to post later.

It was really too bad you had to go. We went to Scotts house next which is the most impressive SPS tank I have seen in person. He has some of the greatest colorations, water clarity is crystal clear, amd the tank altogether is a sight to behold. Hopefully I can talk Scott into letting me take some pictures so he can submit them for tank of the month.