PDA

View Full Version : Friday Meeting

Twisted
10/09/2007, 05:34 PM
Chris, you are supposed to post a reminder for us people with, as Mellisa so well put it...Brain Farts.

Anyways, just incase none of the Chico stores brough them in, I managed to get an extra dozen of the new Ree Hobbyist Magazine from the store up here that I will bring down to the meeting for those that don't have them.
Nice article on reef safe scorpion fish. On frag gluing, and some old school stonies.
This magazine is probablly one of the best freebies I have ever seen and I think everyone should take up reading it, it has tons of great information.

And Chris made a comment in another thread that I will give some information about the frag swap...even though I don't remember agreeing to it :)...I don't see why not. There really isn't much to say about it, but if anyone has questions I will be more then happy to answer them on Friday, Mellisa and Matt also went and should be there to give thier input too.

shelbiesdaddy
10/09/2007, 06:13 PM
Greetings,

Just a friendly reminder that the next reef club meeting is coming up
on the 12th of October.
Please visit the site for further details regarding the location, time
& tank we will be viewing.

We hope to see you there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This message was sent from www.chicoreefclub.com

I got my notice Sept. 20th, which is much closer to the last meeting than to this one.:confused: :confused:

Twisted
10/09/2007, 06:36 PM
hmmm, don't think I got that one..... I usually get them, maybe it was so long ago I disregarded it.

shelbiesdaddy
10/09/2007, 06:42 PM
yeah, it was about 200 emails back for me. plenty of time to get lost or forgotten.

PlayWithBob
10/10/2007, 04:09 PM
I got the email a long time ago as well.

I'm planning on attending however, I'll have to leave early or get there late.

Enjoy the meeting,

Bob

Twisted
10/10/2007, 10:54 PM
Not sure how the raffle will go, or who is in charge of it, but I will be bringing a couple frags to the meeting to go into the raffle.
One frag will be my small snowflake cloves, not a big piece, but a nice one, a 1 inch frag is about $65 bucks in most online sites.
The other one will be a frag of three to four polyps of Armor of God. Hoping this will boost attendance and a little ticket sales.
So bring your money! Here is a picture of my small AOG colony that I took a frag from. It is ofcourse uner actinics. But I will add on an early shot of the colony under daylights.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Lordtwisted/IMG_0623.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Lordtwisted/IMG_0216.jpg

snowflake cloves <not the actual frag> this is a shot of the frag I bought, I kept it, and fragged the growth from it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Lordtwisted/bluetinycloves.jpg

shelbiesdaddy
10/10/2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks Brian, that will be cool. I am in charge of the raffle and will be buying mostly hard goods with the money from the last raffle. Any and all frags are appreciated. I believe we are bringing a frag of Melissa's flower pot for the raffle.

PlayWithBob
10/10/2007, 11:14 PM
Oooo

I may be late, do the raffel last!

Bob

shelbiesdaddy
10/10/2007, 11:22 PM
I haven't seen the agenda yet, but I do know the raffle will be near the end of the meeting.

Twisted
10/10/2007, 11:22 PM
Great, sounds like it will be a good raffle.

kinghokus420
10/11/2007, 02:17 PM
rob from underwater paradise may be bringing some goods as well.

missyshrout
10/12/2007, 10:40 AM
Since I am such a great (NOT) secretary I do have some things that I wrote down for this meetings agenda. I know Chris is busy so here goes.

Dan will be giving a presentation on our non-profit options, I also have written down that Josh was considering giving a ricordia presentation. And of course we will have an awesome raffle to get this club going with some money. Brian will be telling us all about the Dixon frag swap, which rocked to say the least. And after the meeting we will head to Jason's to check out his tank. If anyone can remember anything else let me know.

And Chris, not trying to step on your toes I just know how busy you are.

Also I was wondering if anyone had a voice recorder that I could borrow for the meeting because it is hard to participate and write everything down. It only needs to record for about 2 -3 hours.

Any help would be great. Everyone should show up because I know that the raffle itself is going to rock our meeting as much as all the info from the frag swap and some more info on ricordias.

kinghokus420
10/12/2007, 10:57 AM
i still plan on giving a basic talk on shrooms and rics. nothing too detailed. i was thinking about a "controlled" group discussion. maybe something more entertaining than listening to me drone.
i dunno i'll play it by ear.

boviac
10/12/2007, 11:26 AM
Hey no worries and thanks everyone! I as well as everyone I'm sure appreciates all that you are doing.

Much of my work lately has been out in the field so it leaves little time to check up on these forums.

It has been on my reminder to post something about this but this is the first chance that reminder and my actions have occured simultanously. Brain Fart? - I would like to claim that, yes. :-)

Yes Melissa has it correct. Pretty straight forward agenda which we'll ratify at the beginning of the meeting so if anyone wants to discuss anything else at that time we can decide to add it in then. Yes raffles are to be at the end - otherwise who would stay for the meeting?

Sorry Brian, I though at the end of the last meeting you said you would do a brief frag swap talk - didn't mean to throw you to the wolves unknowingly. :-)

Twisted
10/12/2007, 02:30 PM
Not a problem at all Chris, I was just funnen ya. I don't mind at all. I'll just give a run down of what happened.