PDA

View Full Version : wanted coral frags and cuttings! please help!!!!

flyweed
01/03/2001, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

I am an elementary science teacher..we are setting up a reef tank in my class room for an ongoing study of reefs and the reef environment..our school gave us a budget enough to buy our 75 gallon tank..sump, skimmer, and metal halide lighting...we don't however have any money left to purchase living creatures for our tank..we did buy our live rock and live sand..and we have had the tank now set up and cycled for about 3 months.

anyway...we are looking for people who have cuttings and frags of corals from their tanks..that would coule get shipped to us to put in ours!! we could and would gladly pay for shipping, boxing and heating pack charges for overnight shipping.

Dont' worry about your corals going to a poor tank...I have my own reef tank at home..but no corals now..just some mushrooms, which I have taken some to my schools setup..Anyway..we would love if anyone would donate some corals and such to our cause.

Your help would be much appreciated and the kids will learn a ton. Please help us if you can.

Sincerely
Dan Heerts
Elementary Earth Science Teacher
Lonfellow Elementary School
FlyWeed@aol.com

FishGeeek
01/03/2001, 09:47 AM
Where are you located?

Tactstat
01/03/2001, 10:35 AM
I'd be glad to throw together a few things,
But I can't ship right now, its still below freezing here (in Texas to!)

As soon as it warms up, I would be happy to let you have some corals of various sorts.

-Tactstat

indigo_ecs@yahoo.com

Agu
01/10/2001, 07:50 PM
FWIW,

I've been in contact with Dan Heerts, and have offered him some free corals as he's within driving distance.
I attempted to call him at Longfellow School. He is not employed by that school or any other school in the district. The two science teachers, who maintain the schools two 100+gal freshwater tanks have never heard of this person. The school does not have nor to their knowledge intend to set up any type of saltwater tank according to these teachers.

Dan has emailed me that he teaches in another district and is doing this for another teacher whose last name he can't recall, at another school, the name of which he can't recall correctly.

Agu

wsurf4me
01/10/2001, 10:06 PM
Agu,
Very good how you just stated the facts and didn't say what we're all thinking right now. Innocent until proven guilty I guess, but this guy sounds pretty guilty. Takes some nads to try and pull that off for some free frags.

RWD
01/10/2001, 10:36 PM
Agu,
Thanks for the heads up. He also e-mailed me askimg for frags. I'd like to hear his explaination.

Agu
01/12/2001, 10:00 PM
Because of the number of emails I've received, I'm bringing this back up.

Agu