PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some Korallias

Mattewell
10/06/2007, 03:13 PM
Hey, I just ordered two Korallia 2's online. They are rated at 600gph. For those of you who have seen my tank, do you think thats too much flow? I was considering the Korallia 1's but those are at 400gph which would give me an extra 200gph if I stuck 2 of them in my system to replace the two crappy powerheads.

I am concerned that I am going to disturb my LPS (especially that nice plate coral from Turbo, which is doing great by the way)... I was planning on pointing the two Korallias directly at each other from across each side of the tank.... Whats everyones thoughts on that?

tarax
10/06/2007, 04:31 PM
With a 36 gallon I just don't know.. I have two #3's in my 75 which are doing great.. You can always start with one and see how it does before you add the other.

Mattewell
10/06/2007, 10:32 PM
Have you had any issues with the 3s? Vishnu gave the korallia's a good review. Too bad they shouldn't be used with a wave maker.

icereefer
10/06/2007, 11:01 PM
they will not work well on a wave maker because they can not take the on and off start ups very well but Koralia is coming up with a controller just like seio has , they say that there controller doesn't work on any other powerhead besides the seio but I know of others that have been using the seio controller on there koralia with know problem.
I use 2- #4's in my 75 gal and so far so good.

tarax
10/07/2007, 12:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10919346#post10919346 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mattewell
Have you had any issues with the 3s? Vishnu gave the korallia's a good review. Too bad they shouldn't be used with a wave maker.

Haven't had an issue other than they "klunk" when they first start up which is why I haven't bought a wavemaker of any kind as of yet. Other than that they have been working like a pro.. I don't like the SEIO Controller because there are only two plugs and the marineland pro completely cuts the power to the unit and figured that would be bad with the way the #3 starts up....

moonyguy
10/07/2007, 06:53 AM
Sorry guys I am in Orlando so havent been able to check things here. I have my HK3 on a timer but I only turn it off at night. It still makes an unplesant noise when it comes on in the morning but so far so good. But I am pretty sure that by doing this I am increasing the wear and tear on the powerhead.

icereefer
10/07/2007, 09:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10920507#post10920507 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moonyguy
Sorry guys I am in Orlando so havent been able to check things here. I have my HK3 on a timer but I only turn it off at night. It still makes an unplesant noise when it comes on in the morning but so far so good. But I am pretty sure that by doing this I am increasing the wear and tear on the powerhead.
Okey this is why I haven't been able to get a hold of you Vishnu...LOL.
I stopped by a few times to get you that pump back and tried to get a hold of your thursday to see if you wanted to go out with the family and I that Night on my 50th, Have fun see you when you get back. I have a capri frag for you too.

icereefer
10/07/2007, 09:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10920047#post10920047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tarax
Haven't had an issue other than they "klunk" when they first start up which is why I haven't bought a wavemaker of any kind as of yet. Other than that they have been working like a pro.. I don't like the SEIO Controller because there are only two plugs and the marineland pro completely cuts the power to the unit and figured that would be bad with the way the #3 starts up....
yeah I agree with the Marineland and any other wavemaker that shuts down seio and Koralia's with there auger type impeller can't take the on and off punishment,
this is why they use a power reducing controller when the Koralia comes out with there controller, I'll let you Know how they work, even if they only have 2 outlets on there controller that would be fine for me that's all a person should need in a 75 gal tank I would think.
I would run a lower all the time on pump and a side to side controlled flow to break up my flow pattern.

tarax
10/07/2007, 01:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10921002#post10921002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer
yeah I agree with the Marineland and any other wavemaker that shuts down seio and Koralia's with there auger type impeller can't take the on and off punishment,
this is why they use a power reducing controller when the Koralia comes out with there controller, I'll let you Know how they work, even if they only have 2 outlets on there controller that would be fine for me that's all a person should need in a 75 gal tank I would think.
I would run a lower all the time on pump and a side to side controlled flow to break up my flow pattern.

Its cool to know that Koralia is planning on coming out with a controller.. I'll be in line. If you hear an actual release date let me know will ya as this is one of the many things that are at the top of my list for reef replication.. That and to replicate standard lighting but thats going to take some time and lots of modding. I'm still trying to figure out if I can mount my double reefsun into a hood :)

icereefer
10/07/2007, 06:31 PM
Next Fargo meeting if you haven't gotten it mounted yet, will come up with something for you.

tarax
10/07/2007, 06:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10923596#post10923596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer
Next Fargo meeting if you haven't gotten it mounted yet, will come up with something for you.

Have they come out with a controller for them already??? I thought they hadn't released it yet? If so where can I buy it?

icereefer
10/07/2007, 07:31 PM
I was talking about your reefsun

tarax
10/07/2007, 08:11 PM
I haven't even built the canopy yet.. But it is something I am wanting to build so that I can also add some T5's and lcd lights etc. I'm not going to add any actinic lights but I want to create a canapy that will hold everything so I can simulate a natural approach to the equatorial sun ...

early morning some dull 25 watt whatever comes on and the lcd will go off, then about 30 minutes later a set of t5's will come on, then 30 minutes later another set of t5's eventually the halid lights and the t5's will go off.. Then reverse the process after about 5 or 6 hours of the halid lights.. for a total of 12. That wayt the tank will go through the natural cycle of sunrise to high noon sun to sunset on the reef.. I even want to eventually come up with (if I can) a random cloudy day scenario as the reefs go through those as well. But this is another thread.

icereefer
10/07/2007, 10:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10924215#post10924215 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tarax
I haven't even built the canopy yet.. But it is something I am wanting to build so that I can also add some T5's and lcd lights etc. I'm not going to add any actinic lights but I want to create a canapy that will hold everything so I can simulate a natural approach to the equatorial sun ...

early morning some dull 25 watt whatever comes on and the lcd will go off, then about 30 minutes later a set of t5's will come on, then 30 minutes later another set of t5's eventually the halid lights and the t5's will go off.. Then reverse the process after about 5 or 6 hours of the halid lights.. for a total of 12. That wayt the tank will go through the natural cycle of sunrise to high noon sun to sunset on the reef.. I even want to eventually come up with (if I can) a random cloudy day scenario as the reefs go through those as well. But this is another thread.

:eek2: ...LOL.