PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff

missyshrout
10/01/2007, 10:01 PM
Well the last two weeks have been busy for us. Hi, Chris welcome back. I bought a coral called a Pagoda which is really cool and huge. Then we got the BTA fro kinghokus and she rocks.

We had to first get rid of the skunk cleaner because the BTA did not like it when the cleaner touched it. So Dan and i had a booger of a time getting that baby out. Had to remove practically everything in the tank to get it. All the rock with corals on them went into a bucket full of tank water and the rock without anything on it went on the floor. All this happened in about 5 minutes time. AT least I got to rearrange my tank again. :rolleye1:

Then yesterday I finally got tired of the mated pair of clowns picking on my little guy so Dan and I moved rock and corals again to catch the little guy. That wasn't anywhere near the pain it was to catch that skunk cleaner. So we moved Mini Me (small clown) into the nano. Then we decided since the mated pair were so difficult and mean that we would move the new anemone (hulk) into the nano with mini me. And they rode off into the sunset together:rolleye1: :rolleye1: :rolleye1:

Now as for the mated pair, they are very confused and don't know what to do except continue being happy with their feather duster.

Then yesterday when we were at Fish Etc. I saw and fell in love with two dwarf lion fish. So of course Dan gave in and let me buy them both. One is in Dan's reef tank and the other is in my reef tank. They are soooooooo cute. Mine looks like a dragon so I have named him Spot. (The Munsters).

I have completely rearranged the tank three times this weekend. Fortunately my corals are hearty and recognize my hand as NOT FOOD. :D

Yes I know this is long but it seems like I haven't posted anything in a while. Actually nobody has posted much lately. Maybe that would be because we all have lives.

Oh and micynyorkies is babysitting Brutus the Yellow Tang for awhile . We have to finish getting the 130 gallon up and going.

So everyone try to post something even if it's just a hi to see everyones smiling faces.

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE DIXON FRAG SWAP ON SATURDAY.

micynyorkies
10/01/2007, 10:21 PM
Brutus the Yellow Tang is doing just fine. He is a very handsome fish. He acquainted himself with both of my tangs (Naso and hippo) by sidling up and bumping barbs. Mine bumped back. It didn't seem harmful, and after each fish had bumped the other, they all swam off together in a pack.

micynyorkies
10/01/2007, 10:22 PM
Oh yes, and I got a new, beautiful fish - a Queen Anthias. I'll post pictures of her (anything that pink has to be a girl) soon.

Twisted
10/01/2007, 10:26 PM
Oh my.....

Now you have to rearrange your tank three times a weekend with a poisonus fish swimming around in it..... you better keep an eye on him while working in there!

kinghokus420
10/02/2007, 08:22 PM
oh did i forget to mention that that BTA eats cleaner shrimp. yeah, it ate mine. i wouldnt have thunk it but i saw it with my own 2 eyes.

missyshrout
10/02/2007, 10:25 PM
I forgot to say that we put the cleaner shrimp in Dan's tank and it died 2 days later. Who knows what happened other than that maybe he got stung by the anemone before we moved it.