PDA

View Full Version : dam sps.

killingseed
09/24/2007, 01:43 PM
Got some of those sps from jay, i put the sps's on two different rocks. i put one in my main and one in my nano. the one in my main will not open. the one in my nano opens. after a couple day i move the one from my main to my nano. started opening right a way. couple day went by i move the one i put in the nano to my main and it wont open. so i am at the point where i am will have to move it back to the nano.

one of two things , my angel is picking at it which i did see a couple times or doesnt like the bright lights or a mix of both.
:<

all the water and rock came out of my main. the nano does run a couple degrees hotter my main and i can tell this when i put my hand in. the only thing in the nano is just some shrooms , a kenya tree and some gsp.

Not sure I trust my digital temp gauges. In one tank both show different temps by 4.2o ‘s can these things be reset?

Don’t know haven’t messed with it. Coralife digital. My main does have one you stick on the glass and reads close to what the digital temp says. So I think that one works fine.

with my lights and all the fans i add, my main tank stay at around 77-79 degress some times maybe a little hotter. with out fans it doesnt stop heating the tank just get hotter and hotter. scary thought there. had to know had to find out so ya i run a couple good days with out fan.

SOULEMAN
09/24/2007, 02:57 PM
FIRST OFF, I had a problem before with my coral beauty picking at my sps and i had to get rid of him, My Potter's does not mess with them though.
Second, all of my SPS that i received from Jay are open and doing great, I started them out low as my light were the metal halide and i will be moving them up in a couple of weeks.
Third, the temp on my tank runs at a constant 80 at which i set it with the chiller and heaters.

You might want to try bringing them down some and watching you angel more. I know that my coral beauty actually killed one of my SPS before i ripped his *** out of there. But he would only mess with a certain kind. Hope this is helpful if not sorry for the long post.:D

Man i cant wait to get back to town to start working on my new project.:D

Dennis

killingseed
09/24/2007, 03:17 PM
i know i said dam sps but it should be dam flame angle but he doesnt bother my zoa's if he does ,he's goners. he has eaten other things so i am not surprised that he is do this to that sps.

placment is always on the bottom of tank even shaded a little slowly bring them out and up. but havent goten to the point where is opens.

getting corals like this is great and allows us to see how they do in our tanks with out having to put a lot of cost out on something really nice and have this happen.

for me its flame stay's sps goes, i already moved it and i post when it opens again see how long it takes.