PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Reading

wingd
10/17/2002, 12:09 PM
I have read the articles that are in FAMA. I am interested in establishing a tank for sea horses. I was thinking about a 20. Can anyone suggest some reading that is relevant and up to date?

10/17/2002, 12:20 PM
Hey....a really good place for research is seahorse.org. there are some very good resources for those starting out. Also there is a book by Tracy Warland. I forget the title exactly, but she and her husband aquaculture horses out in Australia and they are the suppliers for the CB seahorses at flying fish express so her stuff is really good.

Amanda

wingd
10/17/2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks Amanda

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Will
10/17/2002, 04:25 PM
hi,
20 gallon tanks are great for horses. that's what i've got mine in.. anyway, as amanda said, the internet is a great resource. don't be afraid to post a lot of questions here. we'll try our best to answer ;) you might also try going to google or another search engine; just type in "seahorse care" and you should find tons of information. there aren't too many books out there. i've personally only read one book since there just aren't that many. i read a book by pete giwojna which i believe was called the pocket guide to seahorses. i'm not exactly sure though. there's also another book that i've seen a lot lately called seahorses: conservation and care. again, i haven't personally read it but it's got a nice picture on the front! :D (i know, don't judge a book by its cover..) don't be timid about posting; it's a great way to learn!
fourhand2

wingd
10/17/2002, 04:50 PM
fourhand2
I see that you are from columbia SC. I am actually from Charlotte. It is not exactly close, but a manageable drive. Are there any good stores in the area or things that I should see if I am interested in a horse tank?

Paul B
10/17/2002, 05:12 PM
Seahorse article that appeared in FAMMA and The Breeders Registry.
(I wrote it)

Paul B
10/17/2002, 05:20 PM
Of course the hyperlink did not work, Oh well

Will
10/18/2002, 09:34 PM
wing, i sent you a private message. i forgot to mention that i think ripley's aquarium in myrtle beach has a seahorse exhibit.. try their website.
fourhand2