PDA

View Full Version : What a mess!

SurfnFish
09/22/2007, 01:04 PM
I just got back from a week long vacation to find my tank a mess! The neighbor that was watching it didn't know anything about fish tanks, so my fears have become reality. One of my PH's fell and now there is a huge sand mountain in the center of my tank. I can't believe that my fish are still alive! I will be doing a water change today, but as far as the sand goes...I've been wanting to switch to barebottom for awhile now. I know that there are the haters out there, and you either are for bare bottom or against, no middle. Do any of you guys have barebottom tanks? How do you feel about it? I'll get some good old Central Coast feedback before I make my decision. Thanks.

SolidDetail808
09/22/2007, 04:21 PM
Tim, sorry to hear about the tank. It'll be ok though. I've been looking at bare bottom tanks and I haven't made up my mind about that. I looks cool after it is covered with zoa's and coraline. I guess you would have to run a refugium to keep the copepods though. I'll be back in 2 1/2 weeks.

SurfnFish
09/22/2007, 04:49 PM
Sweet! I'm not going anywhere overnight again until you are back to watch my tank! :-)

SolidDetail808
09/22/2007, 08:07 PM
Just let me know, anytime. So are you going to move?