PDA

View Full Version : old old old club i guess.......

Ditries
09/20/2007, 05:34 PM
wow, i have been gone for a while! first thing is first....what happened to the old albany club? the one if i remember right was ran by dave? i think that was his name anyways. second thing im getting prepped to start up my tank again, so was browsing to see if the old club was still here, or in the case that it went the way of the dodo < which always seems to be the case in these matters> find a new club. well here i am. any info on your club would be appreaciated.
my future setup will be a 150 gallong tank, with a 55 gallon sump/fuge. not sure on the fish but my lights are for corals, 3 400w mh. anyways it will be a few months yet before i set it up, but thats what finding a club is for. any help that i will more than likely need, since i am a guy and i can do everything on my own ...until it dont work lol! anyways. lemme have it. oh and also please ive noticed some negatives about other clubs on this forum so please, keep the flames to a minimum.

thank you in advance.
humble no0b ditries

vmiller
09/20/2007, 05:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10808419#post10808419 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ditries
wow, i have been gone for a while! first thing is first....what happened to the old albany club? the one if i remember right was ran by dave?

Yeah, I'd say that's a while. :D There are now as many clubs as there are local stores, if not more! Take your pick. Some of us hop around between a few of them.

The original club you are talking about still exists, although under a different name, and on it's own website ... cdmas.org.

A newer club, which is an offshoot of the original, is here on RC:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=506

I think I actually remember you from Papo's house. Are you the guy that just bought a big tank and then crashed your car shortly after? Kind of funny I remember that since my memory sucks. Either way, welcome back!

Ditries
09/20/2007, 06:26 PM
yep thats me, not crashed blew up! lol. yeah i bought the 150 from daves roomy, steve if i remember right. so theres a few eh, i guess i can check em all out. thanks, and yeah i vaguely remember you as well.

partagas
10/18/2007, 11:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10808758#post10808758 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ditries
yep thats me, not crashed blew up! lol. yeah i bought the 150 from daves roomy, steve if i remember right. so theres a few eh, i guess i can check em all out. thanks, and yeah i vaguely remember you as well.

LOL, I now remember you. I had the other 150 that Steve and Vin picked up. Amazing when someone calls you and say's " hey do you want a cheap 150. We can pick it up while we are here........"

fishtanker
11/13/2007, 02:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10808758#post10808758 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ditries

:lol:

I remember that...looong time ago.