PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI upgrade

Lakeside518
09/18/2007, 05:56 PM
I'd like to replace my ebay unit with something of higher Quality and am considering this unit. Hard finding replacement filter for my unit. Links & service blows. Having a Company thats a sponsor on RC is a plus ;)

OCEAN WAVE+ FIVE STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI from The Filter Guys.

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm

Hopefully this will be adequate and fit my needs. I haven't been on a city water supply in years. Chlorine seems strong in Clifton park.

ChrisBuono
09/18/2007, 08:12 PM
Have you thought of the new (in the US at least) Kati-Ani water purifiers?

Lakeside518
09/18/2007, 08:24 PM
Never heard of them... ? Have to do some reading. Have any links? Does it work on a budget? lol

ChrisBuono
09/18/2007, 09:13 PM
I can't find a good link, but they are essentially DI filters that you recharge, rather than throw-away and replace. Plus, unlike with RO, there is no waste water.

Lakeside518
09/19/2007, 03:15 PM
I spoke to Jim from The Filter Guys today. Excellent service :thumbsup: Walked me through the build & looked up my local water treatment facilities specs.

I also ordered a Geo Nielsen/ Kalk reactor. This system is going to be Sweet :) I'm looking forward to hosting a meeting!

Krazy
09/20/2007, 01:06 PM
Good choice on the filter guys Kris,

I have the Ocean Reef +1

Good Stuff !

Rainer Feyer
10/01/2007, 10:03 AM
Hi there,

I used the filter guys to buy a new 75gpd membrane and bought separate Cation/ Anion media which I added to my existing unit. I don't know what unit you currently have, but it may not be necessary to buy a whole new unit. I would imagine you can simply do what I did?